Sunday, September 6th, 2009
It’s time for another awesome giveaway (here was last month’s). The prize for September? CHIA SEEDS!!!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!! I will be drawing the names of 2 winners, and each winner will receive a 3 pound bag of chia seeds (courtesy of Chia Seeds Direct). Cool, huh?
Chia rocks the house. Most of you know I’m a big fan of these cute lil guys. Read my post about chia here, the “Dieter’s Dream Food.” There are so many wonderful ways to enjoy them:
- Plain, by the spoonful (be sure to carry dental floss, speaking from experience here)
- Roll a peeled banana in them
- Add them to smoothies and Raw vegan nut/seed milks
- Make chia crackers (like here) or chia bread (like here, this recipe doesn’t call for chia seeds specifically, but you can substitute the “twister” blend for ground chia)
- Make raw jelly
- And… drumroll please…. chia pudding (like Holiday Chia Pudding!!!) This stuff is the best!
Want the chance to win? It’s simple to participate! All you have to do is answer the following question (be sure to answer both parts) in this post’s comment section. The contest will end Wednesday night, September 9th @ 11:59pm. I’ll enter everyone’s name who answered the question into a drawing and announce the winner on my blog Thursday, September 10th. *Please note: this month’s contest is only open to people living in the United States and Canada.
Question: If you could donate one million dollars to charity, which would you choose AND WHY?