Chia seeds rock the house. Most of you already know I’m a big fan of these cute lil guys. Read my post about chia here, the “Dieter’s Dream Food.” Chia seeds are being praised for many things including their fantastic nutrient profile, which proudly boasts iron, boron, essential fatty acids, fiber, and more. Add to that the claims that they may improve heart health, reduce blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, help people lose weight from giving them extra stamina, energy, and curbing hunger, and you might become a fan of these little guys, too. They’re superstars in my house and we consume them on a regular basis.
There are many wonderful ways to enjoy them, for example:
- Plain, by the spoonful (be sure to carry dental floss… I’m speaking from experience – lol)
- Roll a peeled banana in them
- Add them to smoothies and Raw vegan nut/seed milks
- Make chia crackers (like here) or chia bread (like here, this recipe doesn’t call for chia seeds specifically, but you can substitute the “twister” blend for ground chia)
- Make raw jelly
- And… drumroll please…. chia pudding (like Holiday Chia Pudding! Have you made this yet?) It’s the best!