My friend was blogging about a diet book she was checking out the other day, and while reading her post, I started to take a trip down memory lane of all of the diets I’ve tried in the past… Zone Diet, Carbohydrate Addict’s Diet, Schwarzbein Principle, Cabbage diet, Atkins diet, High Carb diet, Fat Flush Plan, South Beach Diet, etc.
You see, I have an addiction to trying new diets, diet books, and diet type products. I am a diet book junkie – lol!!! Or… I used to be before I found vegan and raw. I’ve since tamed that inner beast inside me. Now that I have found the raw and vegan lifestyle, I have no desire to get back on the diet roller coaster I used to be on. Sure, there were exciting times as I’d page through a new book, thinking of the new foods I’d make, the weight I’d lose, the motivation I got from trying something new (I’m one of those people who loves change)… but I feel so good with Raw and Vegan foods that I can’t imagine changing that for the rest of my life!
Therefore, when I want to change my diet up a bit for some excitement, I go back and forth with different levels and ways of raw (always staying vegan though!). Sometimes…
- I’m gourmet raw where I make lasagna, burritos, fancy desserts and such.
- I detox and have just green juices.
- I load up on the smoothies.
- It’s simple raw: salads, smoothies, fresh fruits and veggies.
- I eat more cooked vegan foods.
- I’m loading up on superfoods.
- I might eat out at restaurants a lot.
- I can go high carb, high fat, or high protein with it, too.
So many options! And, I feel great while doing it!
Share your diet story! Have you tried different diets in the past? What do you like or not like? What are your favorite ways to follow the Raw vegan diet?