UPDATE! (12/27/11) I just bought a BUNCH more stuff. The Andrea’s Oils I ordered that are noted below just arrived and they’re spectacular. I’m in love. I can’t wait to share them with Kamea (in her diet and on her cute little bod!). PLUS! The Raw Food World online store just announced their AT-COST January specials 4 days early so you can use the coupon noted below on those, too! I ordered sea spaghetti, coconut oil, more dental floss, Irish moss, cacao products, more pili nuts, hot sauces, radiant love butter (hubba hubba! lol), more Andreas’ oils, cherry and coconut extracts, MORE chlorella, NuTru DHA with EPA, and more! I’m stocked up for the next 6 months.
I’ve been making a lot of purchases at The Raw Food World online store (owned by the lovely Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes-Monarch). And, I mean it when I say a lot! lol! I can’t help myself, I keep going back for more (the products are superb quality) and they have an awesome holiday coupon going on from now until the end of December. Plus, the At-Cost Specials going on right now… WHOA! Good stuff! The deals are too good to pass up.
If you decide to do some shopping there, be sure to use the code Holiday18 when checking out.
Want to know what I’ve been buying? (It’s a long list, but I plan on buying even more. I’m all about stocking up on things when they’re on sale and the Holiday coupon is too good to pass up!)
I don’t know about you, but I am like a kid in a candy store when I’m shopping for health foods and supplements. I get so juiced up about it. We choose to spend our money to invest in our health. We no longer buy daily 5-buck-starbucks coffees (now that is the definition of ridiculous when you could instead spend on energy-life-giving foods or tools, like a hardcore blender, to make them!). No, we spend on chlorella, fancy oils for inside and out, sweet juicy dates, smooshy nuts, and more (as you’ll see below).
- Lydia’s Raw Organic Cereals – 4 pack. So far I favor the Apple Cinnamon the best
- Medjool Dates (Previously, I said the best dates were from Blue Mountain Organics. Well, not anymore. I stand corrected friends! OMG!!! These dates are the best I’ve ever had. Ever! They’re so fresh that they’re practically bursting with moisture and they’re huge! 2 inches each! I love them so much I just ordered the honey dates and barhi dates as you’ll see below)
- Organic Honey Dates
- Barhi Dates
- Sea Clear (Fermented Kelp & Chlorella Miso) – so super good for you… I use a bit in dressings, raw soups, and smoothies
- Gopal’s Power Wraps (my whole family is into these. Here’s the thing… I hate nori! But, in these, I can tolerate it really well. I won’t say these taste great, but they’re not offensive so I’m eating them because they have lots of nutrition, nori, they’re a super fast snack, inexpensive when on special like they are now(!), and Greg and Kamea love them!)
- Dr. Tungs Smart Floss (I bought 3-pack for myself and stocking stuffers)
- Tablets of Chlorella 250 gr – 1000 Tabs (TONS OF THESE! I bought about 8 bags and bought one bag of the chlorella / spirulina mix – I’m guessing they’ll last me 6 to 8 months with that amount)
- Raw Power! (Variety 4 pack) Protein Superfood Blend
- Polynesian Pili Nuts [LARGE] (I can’t believe I haven’t heard of these until now. These nuts are sooooo fun! And, so soft which makes them perfect for Kamea to eat with her limited teeth. I use them in smoothies, pesto, nut butter, to make desserts, and more. Love them! Apparently they have the highest oil content of any nut and tons of vitamin E – that’s good for fertility)
- Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner (bought the 3-pack and kept one, the others are stocking stuffers)
- Coconut Nectar, 1 Gallon – Coconut Secret (I use this a lot, hence the gallon I bought(!). It has a low glycemic index and more nutrients than agave so I don’t use agave much anymore. I love its subtle sweetness and I feel good about it if Kamea eats something made with it. It arrived in a plastic bottle so I transferred it to a bunch of kombucha bottles I like to reuse.)
- Lavender Wild Essential Oil (for Kamea’s first aid kit)
- Peppermint Wild Essential Oil (Needed two, one for food and one for Kamea’s first aid kit)
- Tea Tree Wild Essential Oil (for Kamea’s First Aid kit)
- White Chocolate Flavored Extract (I am loving these high quality extracts. My dear friend in Europe sent me the dark chocolate and coffee extracts and I just bought the white chocolate. I copied the Monarchs and made a non-chocolate chocolate with the dark chocolate extract. Let me explain that madness… I used the food processor to turn pili nuts (easily) into nut butter. I added a bit of coconut oil to facilitate adding the next ingredient which was coconut nectar to sweeten. Then I added 5 drops of the dark chocolate extract to flavor it as chocolate. So, I made no-chocolate chocolate! Kamea loves it. I keep it in freezer for the best texture.)
- Cinnamon Flavored Extract (these extracts seem expensive, but if using in a smoothie, you only need 1-2 drops they’re so potent. And, they’re on sale. And, I love how they give me tremendous variety in smoothies and such which keeps the raw lifestyle extra fun. AND… I’M WORTH IT!)
- Coconut Flavored Potent Extract
- Wild Child Healthy Gum Drops, 5mL – Living Libations – I bought these for Kamea but tried them myself today. I’m working on a new dental routine which I’ll share with you all later, as well as what I’m doing for Kamea.
- Hurraw Coconut Lip Balm (that’s for my mom)
- 1.5 Quart Enema Bag – (More on that later!)
- Flaxseed Oil – Andreas Oils (this link shows you the bundle 8-pack, but I ended selecting my own assortment) – (A special word about these oils. Apparently they’re EXTRA fantastic and pure because of how they’re processed, using a special machine that I believe was designed by the maker, Andreas. In fact, they’re so pure that the flax (and the others from what I can tell) don’t need refrigeration! Can you believe that? The flax oil will NOT go rancid in the cupboard. My fellow raw goddess friend, Judita, said the flax oil is awesome and makes everything taste like butter – lol. I’m not a big oil consumer, but I plan on using these oils in small quantities, perhaps a teaspoon here and there. I cannot wait until they arrive!!! I’m so excited! The flax will be for culinary purposes)
- Coriander Seed Oil, 1oz [30 mL] – Andreas Oils – culinary purposes
- Hempseed Oil – Andreas Oils – I plan on keeping this in the bathroom for beauty
- Pumpkin Seed Oil – Andreas Oils – culinary
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Andreas Oils – culinary
- White Sesame Seed Oil – Andreas Oils – going in the bathroom for beauty.
- Black Sesame Seed Oil – Andreas Oils – culinary