Whew! It’s been one of those “mama in demand” types of week. Kamea is teething so we’re getting oodles of snuzzling time, where I reflect on my vision, goals, intentions, and bliss out. I gotta say that I’m reeeeeally loving life and the growth I’m experiencing, the learning, adapting, and becoming the best Total Ethereal Goddessness I can be.
Because of my schedule lately, I haven’t been able to get to my computer to work as much, so I wasn’t able to post the review of my new dehydrator, The Sedona by TriBest. I will work on it this week (fingers crossed). I also have book reviews coming, my post on enemas (and my first colonic is Thursday!), Irish moss (how to prepare it, why use it, and how to use it), beauty rituals (face, body, and teeth), and soooo much more to share. Oh, and I’m working on my January email newsletter (sign up here). So stay tuned for all of these goodies!
Things I’ve experienced and noted over the past days….
- Amounts of my foods as they relate to my Lifestyle Journals. I wanted to make a point about the foods I list in my journals. Someone questioned whether I was eating a whole avocado or a half, for example, when I listed avocado as an ingredient in a meal. Well, hard to say sometimes (although I’ll try to be more specific in the future). Here’s the thing. When I list avocado, it means the whole thing. If I list apples it means more than one. However, as I’m making a point to list Greg’s foods more, if you see something listed in his foods as the same as something in my list of foods, it means we shared it. So, if I have avocado listed in a soup mixture then it means the whole avocado was used. If you see that Greg also had the soup, then it means we split the soup, so each of us had 1/2 avocado. It’s the best I can do so I hope it’s easy to follow.
- Sprouts. I grew sprouts this week. Yay! I did a mixture of alfalfa and broccoli. This was very meaningful for me while undergoing my Total Ethereal Goddessness Transformation. Seeing those little sprouts growing reminded me of myself and the new life I’m sprouting. The sprouts benefited me physically with their nourishing properties but also mentally and spiritually as I nurtured them, grew them, and felt a connection to what they represented. Very cool. (learn how to grow your own sprouts here)
- Organic. Everything that I eat is organic (unless they just don’t make it organic, so it’s not available).
- Bumps in the road… my weight. On Sunday morning I decided for the heck of it to weigh myself. Turns out I lost about 5 pounds. I wasn’t completely surprised so I realized that I should increase my calories. I did that for a couple of days and actually didn’t respond to it very well. I started forcing myself to eat more and it didn’t feel natural. This made for a couple of days of uneasiness as I attempted to navigate the terrain and figure out what to do. To increase calories in a raw diet usually means more fat or more carbs, which I didn’t feel drawn to either of those. I started feeling heavier and sluggish with the extra calories. I’m not trying to lose weight, so it would make sense to increase calories to prevent that. However, if I don’t feel super awesome by doing that, then perhaps it’s not the answer. It then dawned on me that maybe my body was just reaching a point where it belongs and that perhaps I wouldn’t continue to lose weight. I don’t know because I didn’t give my body a chance. Rather, I just started eating more, feeling worse. So, I’m back to following my hunger cues and feeling better. I’ll continue to monitor things (energy levels, hunger levels, weigh weekly, monthly cycle, etc) and see how it goes.
- Enemas and colonics. I have been continuing to enjoy enemas (future blog post), and I’m getting my first colonic tomorrow. Squeal! I’m a bit anxious but thoroughly excited. Here’s why. Apart from the multitude of physical benefits that I’ve read they can offer, I’m eager to see how it affects my diet and food intake. As you know from my first post, I have a history of gluttony. I have heard that enemas and colonics can do a mind blowing number on how you respond to food, i.e., keep that gluttonous demon at bay. I’ve actually had an easy time doing that on my own (although I have done a handful of enemas since I started my journey). But, the demon tried rearing its head yesterday and today (could be a result of what I wrote about above with the calorie issue and eating more) or perhaps the colonic and enemas will squash him. Stay tuned to find out!
Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot Lifestyle Journal
- Filtered water with 1/2 fresh lemon juice …. 4 tangerines …. 10 Chlorella nuts …. Herbal tea (raspberry leaf, nettles, oats straw, cinnamon stick, lemon balm, lavender)
- Green Cinnamon Applesauce (water, rainbow chard, apples, cinnamon, chia seeds)…. Supplements (prenatals, vegan EPA+DHA, selenium, vitamin K2, probiotic)
- Protein shake (water, protein powders)
- Salad (romaine, cherry tomatoes, homegrown alfalfa and broccoli sprouts, cucumber, red bell pepper, raw pumpkin seed oil, vinegar, raw crackers crumbled on top) …. Last piece of raw coconut chocolate …. 3 tangerines …. Magnesium drink
- Filtered water with green powder …. 3 dates
- 2 stalks celery and homemade stone ground raw almond butter (I’m reviewing my latest kitchen appliance soon!)
- Sea spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto …. Supplements (Vegan DHA+EPA, 5 chlorella nuts) …. 2 small oranges, 1 tangerine, 2 dates —–> So, this was an interesting experience into sea veggie world. Here’s how I prepared it (I rinsed it really well at first and then soaked it for two days in the fridge. With the soaking, I changed the water a couple of times a day and two times I added fresh squeezed lemon juice to the water.) My thoughts while eating… you all know I’m not a sea veggie fan though I’ve found ways to enjoy kelp noodles… although Greg really doesn’t like those because of the texture and there isn’t much he won’t eat so that’s saying a lot. So, when I made the sea spaghetti, I had high hopes for a good experience. I knew a smart way to serve them would be with raw pesto because of the strong garlic and saltiness. I was right. We enjoyed the texture quite a bit and I dove in head first eating it. However, part way through, I didn’t want anymore and I was a tad discouraged. What I realized though was this. The noodles are fine when prepared the way I did and the pesto is smart. But, I would like to have one bag of sea spaghetti be 4 servings instead of 2. It was too much pesto (I made a 1.5 size recipe and would stick to just doing 1 recipe’s worth) and too much of the sea veggie experience for me. But, if I have a small bowl? I realize it will be perfect! I can serve it with some raw soup or salad. Now I’m really excited to try again! Oh, the pesto recipe to make is here. It’s truly the best. So yum!
- Herbal tea (chamomile) and Pure bar
- Up late… Had another salad similar to the one above
- 3 cups raw coconut water, raw granola bar …. Supplements (vegan DHA+EPA, B12, probiotic)
- Herbal tea (raspberry leaf, nettles)
- Raw coconut chocolate …. Large kale salad with 1/4 avocado …. Veggies / Dip (1 carrot, 2 celery, and broccolini with raw Chili-Garlic Spiced Cheese Dip) …. Granola bar
- Jasmine Green Tea
- Chia Fruit Salad (apple, oranges, blueberries, yellow bell pepper, chia seeds) …. broccolini with raw dip …. raw coconut chocolate
- Magnesium drink
- Purple romaine lettuce with Himalayan crystal salt, raw coconut vinegar, drizzle raw almond butter, and this maybe sounds strange, but raw hot sauce. I’ve been craving hot sauce and cultured veggies lately?! …. Boku bar (not liking these like I used to, wonder if they changed the formula. They’re more oily now and I have to keep them in the fridge or it grosses me out to touch it.)
- Green jasmine tea …. Apple, tangerine …. Supplements (vegan DHA+EPA, B12)
- Kombucha, GoPal power wrap, protein shake (raw almond milk, Irish moss gel, 1T hemp protein, 1 serving Sun Warrior protein)
- 2 tangerines, raspberry leaf tea
- 3 raw granola bars (2 bars of Two-Moms-In-The-Rraw) finally became famished where most of the day I wasn’t hungry. I really enjoyed these bars but then realized there are oats in them and I think I’ll stay away from oats for now. Just a personal choice.
- Bowl of Berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) …. 2 pieces raw coconut chocolate …. 1/2c coconut water
- Salad (groovy purple romaine type lettuce, cherry tomatoes, crumbled raw pesto flavored seed crackers, raw coconut vinegar) …. Another piece raw chocolate (heaven help me lol).
- Protein shake (water, brazil nut protein, Irish moss, Sun Warrior)
- Celery ants on a log, lettuce salad with orange bell pepper, Himalayan crystal salt and vinegar.
- Still hungry and up late so I ate raw coconut chocolate
- Juice from 1 pink grapefruit, filtered water with 1T green powder …. 12 chlorella nuts …. 4 Tangerines
- Herbal tea (raspberry leaf, lemon balm, nettles, lavender) while wearing an Irish moss gel mask on my face (soooo nice)
- Green Cinnamon Masala Bananasauce – like applesauce in a way, but made with bananas so why not call it bananasauce?! (2 bananas, 1 c raw coconut water, 2 cups spinach, 1/4t cinnamon, 1/4t garam masala, 1T shredded dried coconut, 1T chia seeds) I split with Greg …. Supplements (selenium, vitamin K2, vegan DHA+EPA, probiotic) …. GoPal power wraps
- Fresh Veggies/fruit (carrot, celery, banana) and fresh homemade organic sprouted raw stone ground almond butter that DRIZZLES! Doesn’t get better than that – the texture is so sublime that it drizzles. Do you see the drizzleness in the pic above??? You don’t get that texture unless you use a stone grinder …. Raw coconut water (I seem to drink them daily, love it!) …. Pink grapefruit
- Green smoothie (4c lettuce, 2 bananas, 2c raw vanilla bean almond milk) made 4 cups and Greg had 1/2 …. 2 oranges and some pili nuts
- 2 pieces pili non-chocolate chocolate. Let me just say that pili chocolate is the new chocolate. (I can’t wait to blog about this, too! I’ve been eating raw cacao for the past many days. Even though it’s only 1-2 pieces a day usually, I want to take a break. Enter: Pili Non-Chocolate Chocolate)
- Protein shake (1T hemp seeds, 1c raw vanilla bean almond milk, 2T brazil nut protein, 1T hemp protein, 1 frzn banana, Sun Warrior chocolate protein, ice)
- Herbal tea (ginger) …. 4 olives
- My 90-Day Clean Raw Food Mission – Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot™ – Update #8
- My 90-Day Clean Raw Food Mission – Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot™ – Update #7
- My 90-Day Clean Raw Food Mission – Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot™ – Update #5
- My 90-Day Clean Raw Food Mission – Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot™ – Update #3
- My 90-Day Clean Raw Food Mission – Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot™ – Update #6