Shimmer shimmer… shine shine…. happy days… I am feeling amazing. From head to toe, I feel electric. It’s like my cells, nerves, and every part of me is glowing inside, healing, vibrating with an energy I can barely describe, but it’s just oh so beautiful… My transformation to Total Ethereal Goddessness is working.
It’s a work in progress, but it’s happening. How am I doing it? Is it just the awesome, effortless, pure raw food I’m eating? No. It’s not so simple (yet, it actually does feel that simple, natural, if that makes any sense). Yes, I’m eating an amazing raw organic diet (What is it now? About 34 days into my 90-day plan?), but that’s not all. For those of you who have been following my journey, you know I’ve been doing enemas, yoga, meditation, dry skin brushing, creating new routines for my beauty regimen, etc. But, I still have more. I want to do better with conscious chewing, I want grow my own food, and meditation needs mastering. One thing at a time though.
Some things worth noting…
- Logging Breaks – From time to time I’m breaking from logging everything I eat because, not only is it so time consuming with all the details I provide, but more importantly, it’s causing me to focus on food too much while I’m trying not to do that. As a person rising above gluttonous behaviors regarding food, it’d be nice not to think about it too much. I’m still doing the journals, but if you see a day skipped here or there, that’s why. Or, if you see a list, but it’s just a simple food list, I hope you can understand.
- Norwalk Juicer – My latest excitement stems from the Norwalk Juicer purchase I made earlier this week. I am dancing a jig about every hour with joy.
- I Need Raw Vegan Chocolate – I ran out of raw vegan chocolate this week and purposefully didn’t make anymore to see how I handled it. I enjoyed, immensely, pili non-chocolate chocolate, but I gotta be honest… it’s not quite the same. That being said, perhaps I need to tweak my recipe. Yes, I will perfect it. In the meantime, ME WANT RAW CACAO BITTER CHOCOLATE! The beautiful news is that I’m content to have 1-2 pieces at a time (i.e., about 2-3 bites). I keep it low glycemic by making it quite bitter and using raw coconut nectar. But, this girl looooooves her some chocolate and I plan on keeping it in my diet.
- Sources for Extra Nutrition – I’ve committed to using more raw sunflower lecithin for the nutrients. I’ll add it to smoothies, spreads, chocolate, etc. I also want to use more miso to help season my foods. I have a bunch of jars from my favorite source, South River Miso (the best best best no other is better miso!), and I’m eager to use them in cheeses, dressings, spreads, etc.
- Farmer’s Market Loyalty – This week I finally went to the farmer’s market where I found the greatest ORGANIC farmer who had a dizzying array of variety (groovy chinese lettuce stuff, meyer lemons, blood oranges, purple carrots, and the list goes on!) and he was fully stocked even though I didn’t arrive right at the crack of dawn. I was in hog heaven. The fantastic thing is he is at one place on Wednesday and another on Saturday. PERFECT! Now, I will rarely need to go to Whole Foods except for things like bananas and non-produce foods. For most things he’s cheaper than Whole Foods, of course, and it’s local, which means more Qi in my food (read about Qi-rich food here, but note that the farmer I detail in the post is not the same farmer I’m going to now). For those of you here in the valley, the farmer I buy from now is McClendon Farms. And, how cool that they’re set up where the cashiers use iPhones (or iPads) for checking out so you can use credit card? It’s an all around awesome experience.
- Getting Skinny – I’m getting a bit too thin, so I need to add more calories. Look for heftier food posts next week.
On to Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Reboot Lifestyle Journal
- Water with meyer lemon …. Tea
- 3 cups Chunky Green smoothie (water, romaine, celery, spinach, cabbage, apple, blood orange, almond butter) I’m keeping my smoothies on the chunky side lately, because it forces me to chew them a bit, which I think could be good for digestion, but also prevents me from over blending and therefore less oxidation. Thoughts? …. Supplements
- BFF Kelp Noodles (I’ll list here once what this is made of and then you’ll know: kelp noodles – by the way, I found a cheaper source for these than Raw Food World and it’s AMAZON – like half the price! And, they’re from Gold Mine Natural Foods which I love. They make my FAVORITE organic RAW sauerkraut (if I’m not making mine homemade). –> anyway, back to my BFF Kelp Noodles… they have kelp noodles (obviously), avocado, red (or yellow or orange) bell pepper, cherry (or grape) tomatoes, raw sauerkraut (that’s a key ingredient! Learn how to make it here), and drum roll…. raw hot sauce! Friggin’ awesomely good! I eat this almost daily now …. Herbal tea
- Apple …. Pili non chocolate chocolate …. 1/4 orange …. Tea
- Yoga (oops, I went to a class designed as difficult, can anyone say “child’s pose?” lol)
- Protein shake, salad, apple, orange …. raw chocolate
- 3 cups Green Juice (kale, chard, carrots, lemon, celery, basil, cucumber)
- Tea from Teavana
- Carrot and cherry tomatoes
- Grapefruit and apple
- BFF Kelp Noodles …. Pili non choc chocolate
- Apple …. Carrots with raw almond butter …. Protein shake
- Tea …. Green Smoothie with chia seeds
- Almonds (I might have actually eaten a cup of soaked/dehydrated almonds, you know these are more puffed out then non soaked ones, so fewer fill up a cup)
- Water with lemon
- Green Smoothie (cucumber, apple, ripe banana, spinach, orange, destemmed kale, Frank’s Dessert spice, celery, Irish moss gel, water, ice)
- Chakra 4 Herbs lunch (pictured above with Kamea’s head: Noritos w guacamole n salsa, chard filled salad wrap, side salad, rooibos tea)
- 3 cups green juice …. Raspberries …. Cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green smoothie left over from morning
- Blueberries …. Tea
- Noritos (w/ avocado n salsa) …. Protein shake
Greg: green smoothie, protein shakes, wrap from chakra but his wrapped in sun dried tomato tortilla, Noritos…. and I think he might have eaten something while working late, but I’m not sure.
- Filtered water
- 3 cups Green juice (cucumber, fennel, zucchini, chard, lemon, celery)
- Protein shake
- 3 cups Coconut water
- BFF Kelp Noodles …. Sliced bananas drizzled with stone ground, homemade, organic raw almond butter
- 3 oranges …. Pint green juice
- Veggies/Romaine dipped in raw dip…. Raspberries/blueberries …. Bite pili non-choc chocolate
- Protein shake …. Apple
- Vanilla water
- 3 cups Green juice (cucumber celery chard carrot) …. 3 cups Green Smoothie (water, cuke, romaine, spinach, celery, apple, orange, banana, cinnamon, raw almond butter
- Blueberries, 2 bananas, apple, raw chocolate
- Protein shake …. Dried cranberries and pistachios
- BFF Kelp Noodles …. Pili non-choc chocolate
- Chamomile tea
- Veggies n raw dip
Greg: nuts, dried fruit, tea, green smoothie, protein shakes, green juice, veggies n dip, veg smoothie
- Green juice …. Blueberries …. Tangerines …. Brazil nuts
- Green Cinnamon Orange Applesauce (water, apples, orange, cinnamon, spinach, chia seeds) …. Supplements
- Protein shake
- Herbal tea
- BFF Kelp Noodles
- Raw chocolate and pili non-chocolate chocolate
- Creamy Vanilla Green smoothie (spinach, almond butter, dates, water, 2 drops vanilla) Yummmmmmm!!!!! I didn’t even drink all the date-ness cuz most sunk to bottom.
- BFF Kelp Noodles
- Raw chocolate
- Gopal’s Power wraps
- Carrot Celery Nut Butter
- Creamy Green Smoothie
- Protein shake
- Brazil nuts