Here’s a recipe that’s raw, vegan, and paleo, which by nature makes it soy free and gluten free, so I think pretty much everyone can enjoy some of this.
Vanilla Chai Peach Cobbler
Yield one 8-inch square cobbler
- 2 cups raw pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup raisins
Vanilla Chai Peach Filling Ingredients
- three 10-ounce bags frozen organic peaches,thawed (or fresh pitted peaches if you have)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon raw vanilla powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch of ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the pecans, coconut, and salt. Process until coarsely ground.
- Add the raisins and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and holds together when gently pressed between two fingers. Set aside.
- Chop one bag of peaches.
- Put the chopped peaches in a large bowl and set aside. In a blender, combine the remaining two bags of peaches with the dates, cloves, vanilla powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, cardamom, allspice, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the bowl with the chopped peaches and stir well.
- Pour half of the crumble into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish and give it a firm but gentle press.
- Spread the peach filling on top. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the peach filling. Serve at room temperature, or warm in a dehydrator for up to 2 hours at 130°F.