Here’s my food journal from yesterday. Although I wouldn’t call it a strict paleo diet, it’s paleo -like. I’d say I’m a cross between Nourishing Traditions type foods and Paleo. Basically, I do Paleo plus grass fed butter… and on rare occasion I have raw grass fed cheese.
++ Please note that when I post a food journal it is simply a snap shot of a day in my life. My foods vary, with intention, and you can’t always see that when I randomly post food journals. Nonetheless, people continue to ask me to post my food journals. I’ll do my best to post them more often so you get a better picture.
Mini (Vegetarian) Breakfast 1 (I call it a “mini breakfast” because I’m sometimes not ready to eat for a couple of hours after waking, and this satisfies me til then. It’s easy and allows me to spend more time on Kamea’s breakfast and other mommy stuff. Kamea ate a bunch of organic strawberries, a paleo -ish muffin, grass fed bison braunschwieger, and drank water. Oh, she also had a few sips of my decaf mini-breakfast coffee.)
- Filtered water with sea salt
- Decaf “Upgraded” coffee with grass fed butter and coconut oil blended in (like bulletproof coffee without the MCT oil because 1) sometimes I just want the coconut oil and 2) because I’m out of Dave’s MCT oil and need to order more)
Breakfast 2 (Omnivore, Paleo -ish)
- Grass fed bison Braunschweiger with lemon juice and organic spicy mustard. I mash it all up like a pate (I’m still working on loving liver, so this is a decent way to consume it so it tastes better … more details on organ meat recipes in the future.)
- 2 Paleo -ish muffins with melted grass fed butter drizzled on top (I say Paleo -ish because lately I use organic grass fed Ghee or High Vitamin Butter Oil instead of coconut oil for added nutrition when I bake them. Paleo -ish Muffin recipes coming soon.)
- Organic green jasmine tea
- Supplements today (these change and aren’t the same day to day): cod liver oil, magnesium glycinate, vitamin c, soil based probiotic, chlorella. Kamea’s supplements were Garden of Life chewable and a vitamin D3/K2 chewable.)
Lunch (Raw Vegan)
- Large organic romaine salad with diced avocado, raw olive oil vinaigrette, cilantro (love this gentle cleansing herb), sun-dried tomatoes, and mini bell peppers (Kamea ate mostly of the avocado and veggies, plus had some organic blueberries, and she also drank herbal nettle – rose tea)
Dinner (Omnivore, Paleo -ish)
- Grass fed ground bison stew loaded with organic vegetables made in my slow cooker and topped with a pat of grass fed butter (Kamea loves my stews.) Kamea had her stew with a glass of raw organic coconut water.
- Organic strawberries and blueberries
- (Lasts night dinner was Vital Choice wild caught king salmon and a soup of cauliflower and carrot.)
Blog update… You can see I’ve been posting a lot more lately so check back frequently for lots of recipes I’m making my family these days. And, if you have special requests, be sure to tweet them to me.