Here is an easy (i.e., fast) recipe that makes a perfect little appetizer before your next dinner. And, with tomatoes being in season during the summer… What are you waiting for?!
Pine Nut-Crusted Tomato Slices (Raw Vegan Paleo Gluten Free)
Yields 2 servings
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 organic orange zested
- 5 leaves fresh organic basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 2 organic tomatoes
- Put the pine nuts, orange zest, fresh basil, sea salt, and pepper in a mini food processor and process to a coarse consistency.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1⁄4-inch thick slices and plate.
- Sprinkle the pine nut mixture on top of the sliced tomatoes. Season with additional sea salt if desired.