Baking is one of my favorite things to do. Well, truth be told, I love all cooking and food prep. It’s my “me time” and a chance to be creative. When I’m in the kitchen, I’m relaxed and enjoying myself.
Today, I’m sharing some delightful homemade muffins we like, especially during the summer when organic strawberries are in season. They are simple and delicious. I enjoy them (smothered in grass fed butter, of course) with a nice cup of organic hibiscus tea as part of my breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
Oh… if you’re strict paleo, then make them with the coconut oil instead of organic grass fed ghee or high vitamin butter oil.
Strawberry Muffins (Paleo Gluten Free)
Yield 6 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups organic blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons (or more) USA birtchwood xylitol*
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons high vitamin butter oil, organic grass fed ghee (or organic coconut oil if strict paleo)
- 2 eggs, pastured and organic, room temperature
- 1 cup chopped (packed) organic strawberries, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. I use a Breville Smart Oven – love this oven!
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend the oil, pastured eggs, and strawberries together.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter, using an ice cream scooper, to a greased muffin baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
* Taste your strawberries to see if they’re nice and sweet. If they’re not, consider adding more xylitol.