I’ve always had a thing for cooked tomatoes. Raw tomatoes? Not so much… but cooked tomatoes I enjoy. The thing is that I usually serve them (cooked) in some sort of sauce where they share center stage with a protein and / or other vegetables.
I wanted an easy recipe, showcasing fresh organic cherry tomatoes, that was bursting with flavor. Here’s my gluten free (paleo) take on Tomatoes Provencal.
I really like raw organic macadamia nut oil and look for ways to use it, like in baking vegetables and dressing salads. It has a wonderful flavor that complements everything and doesn’t compete (which can happen with some olive oils).
I’ve made my Basil Tomatoes Provencal recipe and served it alongside grass fed bison steak burgers. Another time I made it, we enjoyed it with Oyster Artichoke Soup from this popular book, Good Fish.
Basil Tomatoes Provencal (Vegan Gluten Free Paleo)
Yield 3 to 4 servings
- 1 pound organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons organic macadamia nut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Layer tomatoes in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the minced shallot and sea salt.
- Drizzle macadamia nut oil on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
- Bison Burgers, Buttered Cauliflower Puree, Basil Tomatoes Provencal (Gluten Free)
- Recipe Six-Minutes Lasagna Stack (Raw Vegan Paleo Gluten Free)
- Pine Nut-Crusted Tomato Slices: Raw Vegan Paleo Recipe
- Recipe Ginger Shallot Dressing: Raw Vegan Paleo Gluten Free
- Recipe Tuna Carrot Salad Sandwich (Paleo Gluten Free)