Dear beloved slow cooker, I hope every home has at least one of you.
It doesn’t get any easier than this, except for maybe slow cooking sweet potatoes or yams taught here.
Easy Acorn Squash in the Slow Cooker
Yield 3 to 4
- Trim off the ends of the acorn squash.
- Split your acorn squash in half. You need a sharp knife for this.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Put your acorn squash inside the slow cooker with the skin side down. They can be stacked if needed.
- Add 1/2 cup filtered water to the bottom of your slow cooker, but don’t get it in the squash.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop out the cooked flesh and transfer to a bowl where you can smash it up with grass fed butter, organic coconut oil, sea salt, and any other seasoning you want. It’s especially yummy with a little homemade broth mashed in. Or, make a soup out of it by adding coconut milk (or broth) and seasonings.