Here’s a delightful recipe. Cashew Butter Chocolate Drop Cookies are simple to make, rich in texture, and delicious. Oh, and they’re paleo and gluten free. I Love Love Love these cookies!
Cashew Butter Chocolate Drop Cookies (Paleo Gluten Free)
Yield 10 cookies
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg, room temperature
- 1 cup cashew butter (I make my own)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (I use this one)
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 dark chocolate bar, cut into squares (this bar has the perfect size squares, only 10 squares are needed for the 10 cookies so the whole bar is not used)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (I use a Breville Smart Oven and heat it to about 325 because it’s convection.)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg, cashew butter, xylitol, vanilla, and sea salt together. Use a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop to scoop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool a bit, and then push a square of dark chocolate onto the top of each one.
I like to store these in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate square on top, making for a nice crunch-like texture from the chocolate while keeping the cookie base soft.