I love using fresh organic produce which shows off vibrant colors. This recipe of Carrot Cauliflower Puree does just that. It’s the color of a sunset, so pretty. Delicious, too. I can serve this as a side dish to any meal whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Carrot Cauliflower Puree (Gluten Free Recipe)
Yield 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup homemade broth (learn how to make here)
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- fresh organic thyme, for garnish
- Put the cauliflower and carrots in a large, deep saute pan with about a few tablespoons of filtered water. Cook over medium heat, covered, until tender. Alternatively, you can steam them with a steamer insert like this. (I love that steamer insert because it has handles that don’t get too hot to touch, so I can simply dump the veggies into a bowl waiting with butter in it, in one quick dump.)
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, and add the remaining ingredients. Process to a chunky or smooth consistency, as desired.