Are you looking for a quick salad that is high in protein and nourishing fat but low in carbs? Want something that is also gluten free, paleo, and good for you? Look no more and try my Mexican Tuna Salad. This salad will keep you satisfied all afternoon and energized to boot.
We’re just coming off a trip to Mexico and I am still desiring those wonderful flavors. Here I have a low mercury tuna, by Wild Planet, along with fresh cilantro which is good for combating mercury anyway, plus crunchy fresh red bell pepper, savory green onion, and delicious creamy avocado. It’s like mashed up guacamole, salsa, and tuna basically.
Mexican Tuna Salad
- 2 cans of low mercury tuna
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- juice of a lime (more to taste)
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drizzle raw olive oil
- Few dashes of powdered cumin
- Sea Salt / Pepper, to taste
Smash it all up and serve. (I love this smasher for guacamole and potatoes. It has a great handle and is easy to clean and use.)