The first time I created this recipe both my husband and I knew it’d become a regular in our house, and it has been for years. The textures and flavors are refreshing and delicious (especially fantastic during the warm summer months), and it’s a pretty dish. Oh, it takes a maximum of 10-minutes to throw together – I love that.
Olive and Veggie Pasta (Gluten Free. Raw Vegan. Paleo.)
Yield 2 servings
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 medium to large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, scooped / peeled, and diced
- 6 raw olives, pitted and chopped*
- 4 to 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives or 1 green onion, chopped
- fresh organic lemon or lime juice, a good squeeze’s worth
- drizzle high quality raw olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, spiralize the zucchini into noodles (if you have kids, have them help with this because they’ll love it). If you don’t have a spiral slicer, use a vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini into long, thin, ribbon-like slices.
- Put the zucchini in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss well with some fun bamboo hands and serve immediately.
* We really love Essential Living Foods Raw Peruvian Black Botija Olives. They are so unbelievably good… very juicy and meaty. The only ingredients are organic raw botija olives and sea salt.