Here is a refreshing chia pudding recipe for the summer that can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert, or as an easy breakfast (make it the night before to enjoy the following morning). I pulled it from my Raw Vegan Transitions book and changed it up a bit to suit my preferences these days. Mainly, I swapped out the agave nectar for raw honey. (To keep it vegan, simply use agave nectar or maple syrup in place of the honey.)
Yields 3 cups
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dried coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts / seeds
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, gently packed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped and packed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 pinch Himalayan crystal salt
Place the chia seeds and dried coconut in a medium bowl and set aside.
Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth and pour over the chia seeds and dried coconut. Stir together. Wait a few minutes as it starts to gel and stir again. Repeat this a few times. Enjoy or refrigerate and enjoy later.