Making tinctures is so easy it’s ridiculous.
Jar. Herbs. Alcohol. Label. Wait. Strain. Ingest.
For more detailed instructions see my How To on Tinctures here.
So, Today, I’m sharing a quickie mixture I made that helps so many things:
- brain health
- and more
I was at the farmers’ market and they had fresh organic turmeric root.
So, I couldn’t resist.
I bought a bunch and decided to make some awesome healing tinctures from it (and Longevity Bone Broth).
I’m sure you’re not surprised given my love for turmeric (and ginger). These to roots are mind-blowing in their potential health properties. It just makes sense to have them around all the time. The challenge is just that… having them around all the time.
But, with a tincture… it’s possible. :)
Recipe: Turmeric n Ginger Tincture
- Fresh turmeric root, grated
- Fresh ginger root, grated
- 80 to 100 proof alcohol
- Place the ingredients in a glass mason jar. I’d say you’ll end up filling the jar no more than halfway with the turmeric and ginger.
- Add alcohol and fill to the top. Place a lid on it.
- Place a label on it with the ingredients and the date.
- Set it on your counter for 6 to 8 weeks, shaking it daily.
- Strain off the liquid and toss the ginger and turmeric. Store the liquid elixir in glass tincture bottles (you can buy them here), or any bottle or jar, in a dark cool cupboard. These last for years.
Additionally, for more cool recipes using turmeric in unique ways, from coffee to nut milk to salad dressing to desserts… see my book Turmeric Cookbook!