Some health experts talk about the importance of balancing energies in the foods and drinks we consume to receive an optimal experience – not too jittery but not falling asleep either.
Well, I’ve taken that advice and present an energy balanced mocha, Bulletproof Style (of course).
Yeah, it’s awesome.
You see, coffee (caffeine) has a stimulating energy. It could be beneficial to balance that energy by adding an herb or component that is calming, such as the medicinal mushroom reishi. For that, I jumped to Four Sigma Foods (quality) reishi in the form of their XOCO product which also has chocolate in it (they’re called chocolate shots). (That’s an affiliate link. Thank you!)
Ergo, I ended up with a mocha. Cool.
In fact, those smarty-pants guys over at Four Sigma Foods even make a mushroom coffee! It’s a genius little packet of instant medicinal mushroom (lions mane + chaga or cordyceps + chaga) plus coffee – all in one. Just add water, stir and drink. (I love those – oh hey, I’ve made it Bulletproof style here.)
I’ve written about why (and how) I use Four Sigma Foods products in a detailed post here. You should read it.
I have a whole counter dedicated to my coffee and teas. (Read this post to see how my whole kitchen is organized.)
Recipe: XOCO Bulletproof Mocha
- 2 cups quality hot coffee (I usually use Upgraded beans)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane MCT oil
- 1 packet XOCO with reishi
- 1 packet XOCO with chaga
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon turmeric powder
- few grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grass-fed collagen protein, optional
Blend everything until smooth and frothy. (I blend in a couple of raw, pasture-raised-happy egg yolks sometimes, too!)
Enjoy a day where you feel all zen and powerful at the same time.
- Today’s Bulletproof Coffee Recipe: Mushroom Coffee
- Recipe: Reishi Nighttime Mocha – Relaxing and Delicious
- Four Sigmatic Tonic Mushrooms in My Health Tool Kit
- DAMN GOOD GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS. Made These 4X In 1 Week.
- Look At All The Ways I Use Medicinal Mushrooms n Why – Four Sigma Foods Review