I have a big collection of herbs. It’s so big that it required its own big bookshelf case so I could put all the glass mason jars in one place. Greg calls it my dirt collection.
Today, Kamea is spending time at my mom’s so I was inspired to make some tea blends in an effort to consolidate my collection a bit.
When I first started on the path of herbal medicine, I was a bit eager, as is my personality. Hence, I ordered quite a bit (most of them from below are from one of my favorite sources for quality herbs at great prices, Mountain Rose Herbs). I’ve since learned that I really don’t require all of the things I bought. I’ve learned a few things:
- When one is ill, it’s not always easy to administer the various concoctions of teas I could make. Either it’s for a child who just doesn’t want it (or a husband – let’s be honest boneset is pretty gross, even for me).
- There are a lot of options but I’ve learned that I only need a few staples to thrive (and survive).
- Some things are just better left to the experts to make to ensure that proper extractions are made (read: I’m lazy).
Here are the three awesome loose tea blends I put together:
- Beautiful Life (with and without caffeine)
- Brain Power
- Detox Blend
- Red clover blossom
- Red raspberry leaf
- Lemon balm
- Green Jasmine tea for the caffeinated energy version
- Gotu Kola
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Black tea
- Pau D’arco
- Burdock Root
- Dandelion Root
Good stuff :)