I find there are days where it seems the only veggies getting served are at dinner.
That’s not cool.
In my attempt to get more veggies in our bellies, I have started adding them more often in breakfast meals. Today, I hit it out of the park with an easy, nutritious, one-skillet breakfast. My whole family was thrilled. I was thrilled. Everything in the world was good.
And… I decided that it’d make a super easy dinner the next time I need a nutritious meal on the table in under 15 minutes.
Recipe: Cabbage n Eggs
Yield 2 good-sized servings
- grass-fed ghee or grass-fed butter
- less than 1/4 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
- sea salt
- 4 organic, pasture-RAISED eggs
- Optional toppings: fresh herbs, grass-fed full-fat yogurt, organic salsa
- Heat some ghee or butter in a skillet. Add the green cabbage, and season with salt. Stir it a bit while it cooks.
- Once the cabbage is cooked to your liking, crack in the eggs.
- Stir the mixture to “scramble” the eggs and let it cook until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Portion into bowls. Top with fresh herbs, yogurt, and salsa, if desired.
You could swap out the cabbage with onions, kale, shredded carrots, or Brussels sprouts. Just use whatever you have on hand.