I know I know I know… more Instant Pot.
It’s just such a brilliant kitchen robot that helps me get nutritious meals on the table quickly. I love writing about my creations.
I’m not even going to say anymore than that.
And, frankly? It’s Sunday morning and I have STEAMTeam5.com work (<– have you checked out my family’s latest project? if not, please do!), and coffee to drink, and homeschooling Kamea, and watching Grace & Frankie.
Here’s last night’s delicious and easy dinner. Instant Pot* (mostly).
Instant Pot Rice, Egg, and Veggie Dinner
- 1.5 cups arborio rice, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken bone broth (or water)
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mixed Dr. Cowan Veggie Powder (optional nutrition boost)*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 eggs, gently scrambled (not in the Instant Pot)
Put the rice, broth, salt, and butter in the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH for 6 minutes. (Gently scramble your eggs once the 6-minute timer starts on the Instant Pot.)
Quick release the pressure once the timer is done. Stir everything. Add the veggie powder, if using, plus the cumin, spinach, and bell pepper. Put the lid back on the Instant Pot to encourage the wilting of spinach and warming of bell pepper.
After a couple of minutes, open the lid and stir in the scrambled eggs.
Season with additional salt (and butter), if needed.
* These are affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything to use but they support my writing. Thank you!