Friday, September 20th, 2013
Cashew Butter Chocolate Drop Cookies (Paleo. Gluten Free.)
Here’s a delightful recipe. Cashew Butter Chocolate Drop Cookies are simple to make, rich in texture, and delicious. Oh, and they’re paleo and gluten free. I Love Love Love these cookies!
Cashew Butter Chocolate Drop Cookies (Paleo Gluten Free)
Yield 10 cookies
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg, room temperature
- 1 cup cashew butter (I make my own)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (I use this one)
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 dark chocolate bar, cut into squares (this bar has the perfect size squares, only 10 squares are needed for the 10 cookies so the whole bar is not used)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (I use a Breville Smart Oven and heat it to about 325 because it’s convection.)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg, cashew butter, xylitol, vanilla, and sea salt together. Use a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop to scoop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool a bit, and then push a square of dark chocolate onto the top of each one.
I like to store these in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate square on top, making for a nice crunch-like texture from the chocolate while keeping the cookie base soft.
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013
Time for a gluten free recipe that is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is dessert. How can it not be delicious though? It has CHOCOLATE! And, adding high quality vanilla makes for a match made in heaven. In fact, my family has been known to eat these as part of our breakfast.
Kamea, Greg, and my mom give these a thumbs up. Pair one with a cup of organic coffee or tea, and you’re set.
Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free Paleo)
Read More »
Monday, October 27th, 2008
With the weather starting to chill and the produce department changing to seasonal produce for fall (pumpkins, cranberries, apples, etc), the holiday mood is upon us – hooray! In fact, I’ve already made my holiday gift list and I’m ready to shop. I love this time of year; I can’t help but do things to get a jump start.
Here is the perfect holiday cookie to help get you in the mood. With every delicious bite you’ll think… Holidays! If you’re looking for a heart healthy, can’t eat just one, EASY, and super satiating cookie recipe that will literally take you only minutes to make, then look no more. This is a terrific dessert recipe to take as a dish to pass at holiday dinners and parties. And, it’s one of those great raw food recipes that you can make well in advance of the holidays and store in your freezer. Oh, and one more thing… everyone who makes these (and eats these) LOVES these. Enjoy :)
Pecan Spice Delight Cookies
Recipe by Kristen Suzanne of KristensRaw.com
Yield 3 cups cookie batter
1 1/2 cups pecans (soaked and dehydrated if possible)
1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded dried coconut
1 tablespoon (or more!) lucuma powder *
pinch Himalayan crystal salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
10 dates, pitted
Process all of the ingredients, except for the raisins and dates, in a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, until coarsely ground. Add the raisins and dates and continue processing until the mixture begins to stick together when pressed between your fingers. Roll and form into desired shapes and sizes.