Oh my F-god – we spend the entirety of yesterday packing for our moving abroad, and it was much harder than I thought it would be.
You see, I confidently started my list last year of things to pack.
Admittedly, it was long. Over the year, through research, I deleted many items, added a few as I read various travel hacks and was inspired by other digital nomads. Knowing things like:
- There will always be a washer and dryer available.
- I like to wear the same thing every day.
- Do not pack “just in case” things.
There are a lot of digital nomads traveling the world with just a big backpack. If they can do it, why can’t I?
(Oh wait, because I have a family which includes a young daughter maybe.)
Still! I quickly became determined to go backpack 🎒 style. I convinced myself that I could totally do it, because I told myself, “Kristen, you’re a bad-ass, you can totally handle this.” I love minimalism. I love reduced decision-making fatigue. I love feeling free as a bird and not weighed down by stuff.
- Ukulele Music Lessons for Our Daughter While World Traveling (Digital Nomad Family)
- World Travel Packing: How the Heck Do Those Backpacking Digital Nomads Do This?
- We’re Moving Abroad In 6 weeks!
- My Favorite Travel Clothes Are Perfect for Everyone – Digital Nomad Life (Plus Video!)
- Expat Preparation Means Minimalism, Living Leaner, More Badass