There are three things people keep asking of me these days…
- Update on our omnivore experience regarding our health since blogging about our not being vegan anymore here
- Foods we are eating
1) Recipes… they’re coming as you might see from the increased posting I’ve been doing. If you have special recipe requests (vegan, raw, or omnivore), I’ll try to hook you up… just tweet to me (or email) the kinds of recipes or cooking skills you’d like to see on my blog.
Read More »
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013
Here’s my food journal from yesterday. Although I wouldn’t call it a strict paleo diet, it’s paleo -like. I’d say I’m a cross between Nourishing Traditions type foods and Paleo. Basically, I do Paleo plus grass fed butter… and on rare occasion I have raw grass fed cheese.
I prefer Straus European grass fed butters because of the higher fat content, but I’m at mom’s and Kerrygold is what she had, which is also nice.
++ Please note that when I post a food journal it is simply a snap shot of a day in my life. My foods vary, with intention, and you can’t always see that when I randomly post food journals. Nonetheless, people continue to ask me to post my food journals. I’ll do my best to post them more often so you get a better picture.
Read More »
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
Food Journal Time (with some recipes for you)! Here are two days in a row featuring a lovely high raw diet (all vegan, all organic). Here we go…
- Organic Fair Trade coffee (part decaf/part reg) with chaga mushroom capsules emptied into it and stirred.
- Longevity Chia Porridge warmed with some warm organic coffee stirred in. As I wrote in a previous post, I make plain chia porridge and store it in my refrigerator. In the morning I take some out and let it sit on the counter to get closer to room temperature. I decorate it with longevity ingredients. Then, I sometimes stir in warm herbal tea (or on a unique occasion some warm organic coffee), which warms it quickly.
- Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt – homemade and the best ever. (Recipe #1: Simply take a package of raw organic young thai coconut meat and put in blender. Add a cup or so of raw organic young thai coconut water. I buy both of these at Whole Foods Market and they’re kept in the freezer section. Add some raw organic nuts, a handful or two – I like pili nuts because they’re soft and require no soaking – plus their flavor it wonderfully mild. Blend well. Add 2 capsules of your favorite probiotic powder – open them up and empty contents into blender. Blend briefly. Put in a glass dish or mason jar big enough for it to expand a bit and work its magic. Gently lay the lid on it. Set on your counter to ferment for 12-24 hours. Done! Refrigerate what you don’t eat.) I also have a video showing a Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt Recipe here. Plus, a recipe for my Quickie Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt is here.
Read More »
Friday, January 18th, 2013
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
Here is my food journal from this week. (And, don’t forget! My newest book, Raw Awakening (KINDLE version only) is on sale for $2.99 right now – limited time! Click here)
- Organic reg/decaf coffee mix used as the liquid in my tonic elixir with tonic herbs (my concoctions are usually 2-3 cups and I nurse them for an hour). I plan to teach you all about the tonic elixirs I’m drinking with my family to take our health to new levels. I’ll be writing about it with my acupuncturist too – she’s a super smart gal.)
- Non-Sweet Green Smoothie (almond milk, kale, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, celery, ice)
- Chia Porridge with longan berries, blueberries, and hemp seeds. I’m loving chia porridge every day. Here’s my Longevity Chia Porridge recipe.
- Tablespoon raw chia oil
Read More »
Thursday, November 1st, 2012
Here’s a recent food journal from this week. All yummy goodness.
• Warm goji chaga tea (brewed chaga and Spring Dragon teas, then added goji to soak in it overnight). Stir in reishi and chaga capsules’ contents, and a tiny bit Love Bean Fudge and vanilla.
• Chia and Raw Yogurt Porridge – I made raw organic vegan yogurt and stirred it into chia gel. This was amazing.
• Large Low-Glycemic Green Smoothie: celery, romaine, water, lime, mint, red bell pepper, fennel, basil, raw chia oil, dulse. I’m totally loving these non-sweet smoothies. These really make me feel light and energized.
• Apple Carrot Halloween Soup
• 2 tablespoons raw walnut butter, 3/4 apple, 2 red bell peppers, dish of raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, raw chocolate bar.
• 2 tablespoons Immortal Machine shake with Spring Dragon and peppermint teas, a tablespoon Sun Warrior for extra protein, and raw chia oil for more omega 3 fat (I’m trying to add more omega 3s to my diet because I think I get out of balance at times… might explain my craving for chia lately).
• Cooked dinner: Tempe, onion, red bell pepper, cauliflower, and bok choy. Tamari and lime. Tomato soup and black sesame seeds. All mixed together.
Thursday, October 18th, 2012
Here’s my good eats today!
I woke up and started my day with warm filtered water and fresh squeezed key lime juice. If you need something to get your bowels moving in the morning, this will do the trick. Shortly after that, I filled a glass water bottle with a nettle+ herbal infusion and the following powders: Moringa. Greener Grasses. Ashitaba. Hawaiian Superfood Blend. Camu. Cinnamon. 3 drops stevia. I have learned recently that a few drops of Stevia really make green powders quite enjoyable.
Immortal Machine Time! This is, hands-down, my favorite new protein powder. It is a hemp and chocolate based protein powder filled with superherbs and is available through Longevity Warehouse (David Wolfe product). I plan on writing about it in more detail in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say it is amazing. Completely smooth. Full on flavor. And I can’t wait to drink it every single day. Every person that I have turned onto it has ended up loving it.
Read More »
Tuesday, October 16th, 2012
It’s time for a food journal post. I get requests for this quite a bit, and I understand the desire… I love reading about other people’s healthy eats. So, without further ado… here we go.
This stuff rocks the nutrient house.
1 Quart Green Juice with a tablespoon of Vitamineral Green powder stirred in and 4 drops of raw coriander oil - this started my morning off with a bang. I’m a total Green Monster. (I was super pleased to learn that adding the Vitamineral Green powder to my Norwalk pressed green juice hardly altered the flavor. I was expecting to have to chug down my green juice but I barely noticed the green powder addition. That makes me so very happy because by adding some green powder to my potent green juice, well, I just kicked up that nutrition extra big time. I was flying high after drinking it.)
1 Quart Protein Power Smoothie: Protein powders with Cocochia, hemp seeds, spinach, acai powder, cucumber, and berries. I packed in the nutrients for this puppy. Fueling my body with everything it needed.
Core Defender Bar – love these. I have a weird addiction to them and have often had days where I eat two, sometimes three (gasp!), in a day.
1 Quart Green Juice with Greener Grasses and Sun Warrior’s Ormus Supergreens added. I was so elated to learn that mixing a nutrient dense green powder as hardcore as Vitamineral Green into my juice wouldn’t alter the flavor much, that I made a another but used different green powders. Again… it was completely enjoyable. Yeah baby!
Large salad. Homemade Veg and Bean Soup with hemp seeds stirred in. Core Defender Bar (I know, two in one day? Addicted)
2 cups raw organic coconut water post run.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012
Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Organic Food Journal
~ Pint water
~ Quart green juice (my favorite recipe right now: 1 bunch celery, 2 heads broccoli with stems, 3/4 bunch parsley, small pkg cilantro, 1 head romaine, 1 bunch kale, 8 med cucumbers). This yields about a gallon with our Norwalk. This is refreshing and light yet packs a vibrant punch.
~ Raw Chocolate Milk Rasperry Protein Shake (raw chocolate milk from hemp seeds, pili nuts, raw chocolate powder, salt, vanilla, chai spices, and stevia – then added… raspberries, frzn blueberries, spinach, Sun Warrior protein powders, and ice). Plus supplements.
~ Core Bar and cold brewed green tea
~ Large Nourishing Salad Wraps
–> salad: avocado, rosemary, dill, arugula, black pepper, lemon juice, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, shredded cucumber, raw olives.) ALL WRAPPED IN MINERAL-RICH COLLARD GREENS… Plus Raw Onion Bread in it. –> Here’s what I did: I mixed up the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Using a large bowl really helps you toss all the ingredients of everything to ensure it all gets mixed properly and every bite is perfect. I took a collard green and cut off the excess stem. I laid some soft raw homemade onion bread on top of the collard green (if your bread isn’t flexible, then you could crumble it). Then, I topped the onion bread with the bright-n-nourishing salad. Finally, I folded it like a simple taco and ate it.
Two large wraps… those are for me :)
- ProTip: I love shredding my cucumber for salads. It makes it juicy, easy to eat, easier on the mouth, and fun.
- ProTip: Super nutrient dense collard greens are bitter so a great way to eat them is as a wrap like I detailed above. I have also made a simple wrap with collard green, spread Jem raw sweet almond butter on it and topped with shredded (or minced) apple and/or cucumber. Banana would be great, too.
A family of wraps. Raw vegan organic nutrition.
~ Herbal Beauty Feminine Ginger Tea
~ Quart green juice (same as above)
******* By the way… Have questions or comments? Use twitter or my Facebook fan page to chat. Links are on the right-hand side of my blog. —>
Monday, September 17th, 2012
All organic. All raw. All vegan. :)
Quart green juice
Handful organic raspberries
Pint hibiscus tea
Quart organic green juice
Large raw broccoli salad (minced broccoli, chopped cherry tomatoes, diced red bell pepper, arugula, shredded cucumber) with raw cashew butter dressing (cashew butter, lemon juice, tamari, shredded garlic)
Quart Protein shake (water, hemp seeds, coconut shreds, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, amla powder, camu camu powder, cinnamon, Sun Warrior proteins, cacao nibs, spinach).
Today, I made raw onion bread. Inspired by Kamea’s fondness for onions … I used red onions, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, flax meal, chia seeds, reduced sodium tamari, lemon juice, olive oil, ground sunflower seeds, ground pumpkin seeds. Our home smells delicious. We get to eat it tomorrow night.
I also used my nut butter machine to make an amazing, smooth, silky, stone ground raw nut butter mixture (brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, and hemp seeds). Talk about well rounded in nutrition using that variety (selenium, iron, zinc, vitamin e, plus more).