Thursday, August 8th, 2013
Omnivore Food Journal…
A snapshot like this into my day doesn’t tell the whole picture, because I try to eat with “a week in mind” (though you’ve seen that I’ve had many days started with Decaf Bulletproof Coffee, it’s not always the case). Here’s a day from my journal for Kamea (my 3 yo) and myself.
Cinnamon Paleo Bread
- Kamea had Cinnamon Paleo Bread spread with organic grass fed High Vitamin Butter Oil as well as a dish of frozen organic cherries and a scoop of grass fed bison braunschweiger. She’s a fan of braunschweiger and liver. Personally, one way I find it easier to get down is by eating a small bite of it with something else. Most people would use crackers but since we don’t eat crackers often, I have it with sliced cucumber or a berry or olive. Kamea’s vitamins for the day: Vitamins (d3/k2) pill.
- My breakfast was: Bulletproof iced coffee. This version was using the upgraded beans (mix of both decaf and regular) blended with 1 teaspoon high vitamin butter oil, 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, 1 tablespoon MCT oil, 2 tablespoons Straus European grass fed butter, and the upgraded vanilla. I then pour it over ice (during the summer). Delicious. This is a common (first) breakfast for me because it’s so easy to do and keeps me satiated until I have more time to figure out a meal. Sometimes I crack in 1 to 2 pastured organic raw egg yolks. If I’m not having Bulletproof coffee, I’d say the usual for me is cooking pastured eggs using my Sous Vide Supreme and veggies. Or, I’ll join Kamea in some Paleo -style bread, organic fruit, and organic raw nuts. A very easy breakfast too.
Read More »
Kamea has been weaning from breastfeeding for the past few months. As a result I’ve noticed my appetite has decreased a bit. It’s weird… I spent the past four years shoveling food in my mouth at every chance, and now I actually go more than 3 hours without food. You’d think life would be easier, yet I find myself spending more time in the kitchen than ever.
Homemade White Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream
- Poached Eggs and cooked carrots with grass fed butter drizzled on top
- Homemade White Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream (raw eggs, cacao butter, grass fed butter, strawberries, etc).
- Iced Herbal Tea
- Slow Cooker Grass fed Beef Tongue (sounds so weird… recipe coming)
- Cauliflower Carrot Puree (recipe coming)
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013
Omnivore Foodie Journal
As usual, I had two mini breakfasts. My first one is to start my day with some easy calories, while I get going and taking care of my 3-year old girl, Kamea. Then, after 2 to 3 hours, I’m ready to have another breakfast with some solids.
Six-Minutes Lasagna Stack
Mini Breakfast #1
Mini Breakfast #2
- Cinnamon Sugar Paleo Bread (recipe coming)
- Organic blackberries.
- Iced herbal tea
Read More »
There are three things people keep asking of me these days…
- Update on our omnivore experience regarding our health since blogging about our not being vegan anymore here
- Foods we are eating
1) Recipes… they’re coming as you might see from the increased posting I’ve been doing. If you have special recipe requests (vegan, raw, or omnivore), I’ll try to hook you up… just tweet to me (or email) the kinds of recipes or cooking skills you’d like to see on my blog.
Read More »
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013
Here’s my food journal from yesterday. Although I wouldn’t call it a strict paleo diet, it’s paleo -like. I’d say I’m a cross between Nourishing Traditions type foods and Paleo. Basically, I do Paleo plus grass fed butter… and on rare occasion I have raw grass fed cheese.
I prefer Straus European grass fed butters because of the higher fat content, but I’m at mom’s and Kerrygold is what she had, which is also nice.
++ Please note that when I post a food journal it is simply a snap shot of a day in my life. My foods vary, with intention, and you can’t always see that when I randomly post food journals. Nonetheless, people continue to ask me to post my food journals. I’ll do my best to post them more often so you get a better picture.
Read More »
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
Food Journal Time (with some recipes for you)! Here are two days in a row featuring a lovely high raw diet (all vegan, all organic). Here we go…
- Organic Fair Trade coffee (part decaf/part reg) with chaga mushroom capsules emptied into it and stirred.
- Longevity Chia Porridge warmed with some warm organic coffee stirred in. As I wrote in a previous post, I make plain chia porridge and store it in my refrigerator. In the morning I take some out and let it sit on the counter to get closer to room temperature. I decorate it with longevity ingredients. Then, I sometimes stir in warm herbal tea (or on a unique occasion some warm organic coffee), which warms it quickly.
- Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt – homemade and the best ever. (Recipe #1: Simply take a package of raw organic young thai coconut meat and put in blender. Add a cup or so of raw organic young thai coconut water. I buy both of these at Whole Foods Market and they’re kept in the freezer section. Add some raw organic nuts, a handful or two – I like pili nuts because they’re soft and require no soaking – plus their flavor it wonderfully mild. Blend well. Add 2 capsules of your favorite probiotic powder – open them up and empty contents into blender. Blend briefly. Put in a glass dish or mason jar big enough for it to expand a bit and work its magic. Gently lay the lid on it. Set on your counter to ferment for 12-24 hours. Done! Refrigerate what you don’t eat.) I also have a video showing a Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt Recipe here. Plus, a recipe for my Quickie Raw Vegan Coconut Yogurt is here.
Read More »
Friday, January 18th, 2013
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
Here is my food journal from this week. (And, don’t forget! My newest book, Raw Awakening (KINDLE version only) is on sale for $2.99 right now – limited time! Click here)
- Organic reg/decaf coffee mix used as the liquid in my tonic elixir with tonic herbs (my concoctions are usually 2-3 cups and I nurse them for an hour). I plan to teach you all about the tonic elixirs I’m drinking with my family to take our health to new levels. I’ll be writing about it with my acupuncturist too – she’s a super smart gal.)
- Non-Sweet Green Smoothie (almond milk, kale, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, celery, ice)
- Chia Porridge with longan berries, blueberries, and hemp seeds. I’m loving chia porridge every day. Here’s my Longevity Chia Porridge recipe.
- Tablespoon raw chia oil
Read More »
Thursday, November 1st, 2012
Here’s a recent food journal from this week. All yummy goodness.
• Warm goji chaga tea (brewed chaga and Spring Dragon teas, then added goji to soak in it overnight). Stir in reishi and chaga capsules’ contents, and a tiny bit Love Bean Fudge and vanilla.
• Chia and Raw Yogurt Porridge – I made raw organic vegan yogurt and stirred it into chia gel. This was amazing.
• Large Low-Glycemic Green Smoothie: celery, romaine, water, lime, mint, red bell pepper, fennel, basil, raw chia oil, dulse. I’m totally loving these non-sweet smoothies. These really make me feel light and energized.
• Apple Carrot Halloween Soup
• 2 tablespoons raw walnut butter, 3/4 apple, 2 red bell peppers, dish of raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, raw chocolate bar.
• 2 tablespoons Immortal Machine shake with Spring Dragon and peppermint teas, a tablespoon Sun Warrior for extra protein, and raw chia oil for more omega 3 fat (I’m trying to add more omega 3s to my diet because I think I get out of balance at times… might explain my craving for chia lately).
• Cooked dinner: Tempe, onion, red bell pepper, cauliflower, and bok choy. Tamari and lime. Tomato soup and black sesame seeds. All mixed together.
Thursday, October 18th, 2012
Here’s my good eats today!
I woke up and started my day with warm filtered water and fresh squeezed key lime juice. If you need something to get your bowels moving in the morning, this will do the trick. Shortly after that, I filled a glass water bottle with a nettle+ herbal infusion and the following powders: Moringa. Greener Grasses. Ashitaba. Hawaiian Superfood Blend. Camu. Cinnamon. 3 drops stevia. I have learned recently that a few drops of Stevia really make green powders quite enjoyable.
Immortal Machine Time! This is, hands-down, my favorite new protein powder. It is a hemp and chocolate based protein powder filled with superherbs and is available through Longevity Warehouse (David Wolfe product). I plan on writing about it in more detail in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say it is amazing. Completely smooth. Full on flavor. And I can’t wait to drink it every single day. Every person that I have turned onto it has ended up loving it.
Read More »