Friday, January 18th, 2013
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
Here is my food journal from this week. (And, don’t forget! My newest book, Raw Awakening (KINDLE version only) is on sale for $2.99 right now – limited time! Click here)
- Organic reg/decaf coffee mix used as the liquid in my tonic elixir with tonic herbs (my concoctions are usually 2-3 cups and I nurse them for an hour). I plan to teach you all about the tonic elixirs I’m drinking with my family to take our health to new levels. I’ll be writing about it with my acupuncturist too – she’s a super smart gal.)
- Non-Sweet Green Smoothie (almond milk, kale, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, celery, ice)
- Chia Porridge with longan berries, blueberries, and hemp seeds. I’m loving chia porridge every day. Here’s my Longevity Chia Porridge recipe.
- Tablespoon raw chia oil
Read More »
Thursday, November 1st, 2012
Here’s a recent food journal from this week. All yummy goodness.
• Warm goji chaga tea (brewed chaga and Spring Dragon teas, then added goji to soak in it overnight). Stir in reishi and chaga capsules’ contents, and a tiny bit Love Bean Fudge and vanilla.
• Chia and Raw Yogurt Porridge – I made raw organic vegan yogurt and stirred it into chia gel. This was amazing.
• Large Low-Glycemic Green Smoothie: celery, romaine, water, lime, mint, red bell pepper, fennel, basil, raw chia oil, dulse. I’m totally loving these non-sweet smoothies. These really make me feel light and energized.
• Apple Carrot Halloween Soup
• 2 tablespoons raw walnut butter, 3/4 apple, 2 red bell peppers, dish of raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, raw chocolate bar.
• 2 tablespoons Immortal Machine shake with Spring Dragon and peppermint teas, a tablespoon Sun Warrior for extra protein, and raw chia oil for more omega 3 fat (I’m trying to add more omega 3s to my diet because I think I get out of balance at times… might explain my craving for chia lately).
• Cooked dinner: Tempe, onion, red bell pepper, cauliflower, and bok choy. Tamari and lime. Tomato soup and black sesame seeds. All mixed together.
Thursday, October 18th, 2012
Here’s my good eats today!
I woke up and started my day with warm filtered water and fresh squeezed key lime juice. If you need something to get your bowels moving in the morning, this will do the trick. Shortly after that, I filled a glass water bottle with a nettle+ herbal infusion and the following powders: Moringa. Greener Grasses. Ashitaba. Hawaiian Superfood Blend. Camu. Cinnamon. 3 drops stevia. I have learned recently that a few drops of Stevia really make green powders quite enjoyable.
Immortal Machine Time! This is, hands-down, my favorite new protein powder. It is a hemp and chocolate based protein powder filled with superherbs and is available through Longevity Warehouse (David Wolfe product). I plan on writing about it in more detail in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say it is amazing. Completely smooth. Full on flavor. And I can’t wait to drink it every single day. Every person that I have turned onto it has ended up loving it.
Read More »
Tuesday, October 16th, 2012
It’s time for a food journal post. I get requests for this quite a bit, and I understand the desire… I love reading about other people’s healthy eats. So, without further ado… here we go.
This stuff rocks the nutrient house.
1 Quart Green Juice with a tablespoon of Vitamineral Green powder stirred in and 4 drops of raw coriander oil - this started my morning off with a bang. I’m a total Green Monster. (I was super pleased to learn that adding the Vitamineral Green powder to my Norwalk pressed green juice hardly altered the flavor. I was expecting to have to chug down my green juice but I barely noticed the green powder addition. That makes me so very happy because by adding some green powder to my potent green juice, well, I just kicked up that nutrition extra big time. I was flying high after drinking it.)
1 Quart Protein Power Smoothie: Protein powders with Cocochia, hemp seeds, spinach, acai powder, cucumber, and berries. I packed in the nutrients for this puppy. Fueling my body with everything it needed.
Core Defender Bar – love these. I have a weird addiction to them and have often had days where I eat two, sometimes three (gasp!), in a day.
1 Quart Green Juice with Greener Grasses and Sun Warrior’s Ormus Supergreens added. I was so elated to learn that mixing a nutrient dense green powder as hardcore as Vitamineral Green into my juice wouldn’t alter the flavor much, that I made a another but used different green powders. Again… it was completely enjoyable. Yeah baby!
Large salad. Homemade Veg and Bean Soup with hemp seeds stirred in. Core Defender Bar (I know, two in one day? Addicted)
2 cups raw organic coconut water post run.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012
Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Organic Food Journal
~ Pint water
~ Quart green juice (my favorite recipe right now: 1 bunch celery, 2 heads broccoli with stems, 3/4 bunch parsley, small pkg cilantro, 1 head romaine, 1 bunch kale, 8 med cucumbers). This yields about a gallon with our Norwalk. This is refreshing and light yet packs a vibrant punch.
~ Raw Chocolate Milk Rasperry Protein Shake (raw chocolate milk from hemp seeds, pili nuts, raw chocolate powder, salt, vanilla, chai spices, and stevia – then added… raspberries, frzn blueberries, spinach, Sun Warrior protein powders, and ice). Plus supplements.
~ Core Bar and cold brewed green tea
~ Large Nourishing Salad Wraps
–> salad: avocado, rosemary, dill, arugula, black pepper, lemon juice, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, shredded cucumber, raw olives.) ALL WRAPPED IN MINERAL-RICH COLLARD GREENS… Plus Raw Onion Bread in it. –> Here’s what I did: I mixed up the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Using a large bowl really helps you toss all the ingredients of everything to ensure it all gets mixed properly and every bite is perfect. I took a collard green and cut off the excess stem. I laid some soft raw homemade onion bread on top of the collard green (if your bread isn’t flexible, then you could crumble it). Then, I topped the onion bread with the bright-n-nourishing salad. Finally, I folded it like a simple taco and ate it.
Two large wraps… those are for me :)
- ProTip: I love shredding my cucumber for salads. It makes it juicy, easy to eat, easier on the mouth, and fun.
- ProTip: Super nutrient dense collard greens are bitter so a great way to eat them is as a wrap like I detailed above. I have also made a simple wrap with collard green, spread Jem raw sweet almond butter on it and topped with shredded (or minced) apple and/or cucumber. Banana would be great, too.
A family of wraps. Raw vegan organic nutrition.
~ Herbal Beauty Feminine Ginger Tea
~ Quart green juice (same as above)
******* By the way… Have questions or comments? Use twitter or my Facebook fan page to chat. Links are on the right-hand side of my blog. —>
Monday, September 17th, 2012
All organic. All raw. All vegan. :)
Quart green juice
Handful organic raspberries
Pint hibiscus tea
Quart organic green juice
Large raw broccoli salad (minced broccoli, chopped cherry tomatoes, diced red bell pepper, arugula, shredded cucumber) with raw cashew butter dressing (cashew butter, lemon juice, tamari, shredded garlic)
Quart Protein shake (water, hemp seeds, coconut shreds, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, amla powder, camu camu powder, cinnamon, Sun Warrior proteins, cacao nibs, spinach).
Today, I made raw onion bread. Inspired by Kamea’s fondness for onions … I used red onions, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, flax meal, chia seeds, reduced sodium tamari, lemon juice, olive oil, ground sunflower seeds, ground pumpkin seeds. Our home smells delicious. We get to eat it tomorrow night.
I also used my nut butter machine to make an amazing, smooth, silky, stone ground raw nut butter mixture (brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, and hemp seeds). Talk about well rounded in nutrition using that variety (selenium, iron, zinc, vitamin e, plus more).
Here are some eats in our home (and pics)…
A High Raw Day
- 1.5 Quarts Black Juice w coriander oil
- Core Bar
- Quart Green Smoothie (peach, strawberries, spinach, parsley, ice water, hemp seeds, cucumber)
- Vegan burrito
- Kale salad (avo, ACV, lemon juice, yellow bell pepper, onion, peach, heirloom tomato, dried apricots soaked n diced)
- Vanilla Mocha Protein Shake
- Raw Vegan Decadent Chocolate Pudding
- Quart Black Juice
Grocery Shopping – I get so excited when I’m loading up my cart with so much organic raw goodness. Health Nut Nerd Alert!
Super Nutrient Dense Raw Kale Salad – not shown in pic but that was also added was a bit of raw olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and a peach.
Read More »
Thursday, July 12th, 2012
As requested by many, here is my recent food journal. Three days worth of delicious, fresh, awesome and nourishing food. On a side note, we took Kamea to a trampoline and tumbling gym today. Wow, it was so fun! I love seeing her smile so much. :)
Delicious fresh salads with creamy raw dressing
- Green juice
- Tea n raw chocolate n Core Defender bar
- Peach. Protein shake. Raspberries. Cashews.
- Green juice
- Salad (romaine, carrot, cucumber, heirloom tomato with Basil Pili Nut Dressing). Core Defender bar. Protein shake.
- Decaf coffee.
- Protein shake (there’s this recipe I made and I’m addicted)
Sharing organic strawberries with Kamea
- Green juice.
- Raw chocolate. 2 juicy peaches (1 yellow, 1 white). 4 strawberries.
- Tempeh Lettuce Tomato sandwich with hummus spread alongside big kale salad.
- Salad (romaine, carrot, cucumber, heirloom tomato) with Basil Pili Nut Dressing. Core Bar.
- Protein shake
- Green juice. Core Defender bar. Herbal tea.
- Vegan burrito
- Raw chocolate
- Salad (4-ing magic n basil, carrot, cuke, cherry tomatoes). Protein shake.
- Green smoothie (frozen cherries, pili hemp nut milk, leafy greens).
Here is today’s food journal :)
Breakfast: Herbal tea blend (nettles, raspberry leaf, lemon balm, chamomile, peppermint) and raw chocolate. Yup, I eat raw chocolate for breakfast often, err, I mean, sometimes. I followed that with a Sun Warrior protein shake (my new go-to flavor mix that I’ll blog about soon).
Snack: 2 cups Green Smoothie: kale, pili hemp milk, apple, banana, and celery
Lunch: 1 quart Green Protein Smoothie: spinach, apple, banana, water, ice, and protein powders
Dinner: beans, brown rice, and veggies with more herbal tea to drink
Dessert: raw chocolate brownie (here’s a great recipe to try)
Hope you all had a great weekend. Tomorrow, come on back, because I have a great post with goodies about Raw Vegan Transitioning.