We’re moving around the United Kingdom and getting intimate with it. Having spent so many weeks here, in fact about 4 months (in total) this year, we’re really getting to know it.
One of our favorite places to visit was Cardiff, Wales.
Housesitting: the ultimate in the sharing economy model.
We continued our journey of housesitting our way around the world (<– that’s a link to the book we wrote about housesitting). This means we’re living in “free” accommodations in exchange for the caring of someone’s house (and usually animals).
I mentioned in the last post how we met with someone I’d met playing Words with Friends (for years!). That was fun.
For the main part of the Cardiff visit, however, we did a housesit for a lovely family who had a sweet dog to care for.
The home was three stories tall and had plenty of space.
That’s one of the benefits of housesitting while traveling. We’re not cramped in a small apartment rental or hotel room. We find ourselves in lovely, spacious homes complete with great wifi, comfy couches, and clean beds.
And fun appliances for making coffee!
- Housesitting Outside of Paris in Ermont, France with Cats
- We are Housesitting Our Way Around the World – You Can Do This, Too!
- Stop Neglecting Ourselves Now To Help Our Children (As Adults) in the Future.
- Back in the USA After 6 Months of Travel – My Reflections
- Keeping My Kid Entertained While We Travel the World as a Digital Nomad Family