Wednesday, January 7th, 2009
Another exciting day! My 7th book is now available in print, Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Smoothies, Juices, Elixirs & Drinks. This book is filled with tons of DELICIOUS beverage recipes, tips, and information. Getting all of the nutrition and anti-oxidants your body needs for maximum health is SUPER EASY once you start eating Raw plant-based foods every day, and one of the easiest ways to do this consistently is to DRINK THEM! Great photos available here. Which are your favorites?
Tuesday, December 30th, 2008
Whoo-Whee!!! I’m excited to announce that my 6th book is now available in print - Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Soups! This book is filled with super delicious, EASY, and satisfying soups.
Here are 3 reasons I love Raw vegan soups!
I can whip up a delicious Raw soup fast (anywhere from 5-15 minutes) and have enough servings to last a few days. Raw soups are a quick, nutritious, and hearty solution. Plus, they’re easy to transport and consume. When I’m running errands, I simply drink my Raw soup straight from a glass mason jar.
Raw vegan soups are a staple in my diet because they give me loads of energy. (They’re a blended food so they’re easier on digestion).
These soups can be an entire meal, a mid-day snack, or complement a meal as an appetizer or side dish. They also can be enjoyed all year long. During the summer months, I enjoy cold and refreshing Raw soups, and in the chilly winter months I simply warm my Raw soups up a bit to give me that cozy comfy feeling (without cooking them of course).
Which photo(s) do you like best? I’m taking a survey and would love your opinion. Check out the photos here: Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Soups (photos) (Be sure to view the larger image.)
Next up: My 7th book should be available in print from Amazon as early as next week – Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Smoothies, Juices, Elixirs & Drinks
Saturday, December 13th, 2008
Whoo-Whee!!! I’m so happy! My 5th book is now available in print – Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Entrees! I’m extremely proud of this baby. It’s filled with scrumptiously delicious, fun, and satisfying Raw vegan entree recipes!
You know the drill – I’m taking a survey of your favorite photo(s). Warning: They’ll all probably make you drool, so get a napkin or a tissue before clicking the link for the photo gallery ;)
Wednesday, December 10th, 2008
Exciting news! My third and fourth books are now available in print on Amazon.
Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Desserts
Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Sides & Snacks
Also! We have new photos uploaded in the photo gallery and I’m taking a survey… What are your favorite photos for both books! Check out the photos here:
Photo Gallery – Desserts
Photo Gallery – Sides & Snacks
Friday, December 5th, 2008
Today’s Raw food is simple… and I mean super simple. No equipment is needed (other than a knife for the avocado). With my crazy schedule lately from getting all of my ebooks published into print books, I’m attracted to noshing in its simplest form. Today is comprised of lovely, flavorful, organic whole foods.
This menu is fresh, delicious, and fills me with tons of energy.
3 persimmons (yes, I’m still crazed for them… forever)
3 bananas (always appreciative of how inexpensive and versatile these are)
1 avocado (tons of fiber and vitamins, love the squish factor)
3 carrots (adore their light sweet flavor, price, and CRUNCH!)
1/4 cup hemp seeds (chlorophyll, essential amino and fatty acids: these are one-stop-shopping)
3 stalks celery (green, crunchy, and slightly salty)
uummm…. okay, and Laughing Giraffe’s Snakaroons will be in my tummy tonight (still falls in line with my simplicity theme since I didn’t have to make them!). We’re going to see the movie Four Christmases and I’m Sneaking in my Snakaroons! :)
Thursday, December 4th, 2008
Well, as you can see, there are TWO winners for this giveaway. I was so excited by the number of participants that I decided to draw two names!
Congratulations to both Alison and Faye! You’ve each won a copy of the print version of my book, Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Holidays. Simply send me an email (or respond on this post) with your address so I can get your gift to you right away.
Here is what the winners each had to say when asked, “From the following ‘types’ of Raw vegan foods, which is your favorite to eat? a) Beverages (smoothies, juice, elixirs) b) Soups c) Salads d) Desserts e) Entree-like foods (pate, lasagna, burritos, quiche, etc) f) Sides/Snacks (cheese dip, hummus, veggie crudite, etc)”
Alison: Mmmm.. Beverages. I love smoothies!
Faye: ENTREES ARE BEST! THIS WAY I can “sneak in some rawness” for my kids!
If you weren’t a winner but would like to purchase a copy of either the ebook or the print version, visit my website here. I have received loads of praise for them… for example, here is what Lannette in Twin Mountain, NY had to say:
Wow! What a bargain this ebook is! I’ve just sat and read it all and can’t wait to try some of the recipes. I particularly love the fact that preparation isn’t too difficult and also that you list which recipes freeze well. Thanks so much! I’ll be buying more ebooks from you. I’m also going to recommend your books to my clients interested in adding more raw foods to their diets. Really good stuff, keep it coming.
My next Awesome Giveaway is scheduled for January, but that seems like an awful long time so I might do another one this month. Check back for details. Thanks to all of you who participated!
Saturday, November 22nd, 2008
I am in the process of having all of my ebooks published in print format through Amazon. I currently have two available with two more on the way next week.
Kristen Suzanne’s EASY Raw Vegan Holidays
Kristen’s Raw – The EASY Way to Get Started & Succeed at the Raw Food Vegan Diet and Lifestyle
We are also creating a photo gallery to showcase photos of recipes from the books/ebooks. Check it out here. I’m taking a survey… which photo do you like best?
I saw these questions posted at one of my favorite blogs and thought I’d follow suit. I’ve been tagged again to share the “5 things about me” so I think this also accomplishes that.
1. Favorite Raw Vegan milk? Chocolate Hemp Seed Milk is one of my favorites. Hemp is so nutritious that it’s an automatic winner every time for my entire family. Just blend Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds with water, raw chocolate, and a couple of pitted dates.
2. What are the top 3 recipes you are planning to make? I’m working on a new ebook (yep, another one!) and it’s top secret for now. But, let’s just say that one recipe will have raw chocolate in it, and another will have some raw chocolate in it and another will have…um, yep, raw chocolate.
3. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? This was an expensive lesson learned here: I made cheesecake with a coconut oil that was bad even though the expiration date was fine. It had a horrible, weird “soapy” after-taste. I tried making it again (not knowing the coconut oil was the culprit) and the end result was still awful. I made it with a different jar of coconut oil, and it turned out wonderfully!
If you get that “soapy” taste and there is coconut oil in your Raw recipe, try it again with a different jar of coconut oil. Better yet, do this…I will now only buy coconut oil from Wilderness Family Naturals because it’s so deliciously fresh (the flavor and quality are unsurpassed – ALWAYS!). I’ve never had a problem since.
4. How do you organize your recipes? I’m an organization and color freak. My recipes are color coded, tabbed, flagged, highlighted, filed, alphabetized, labeled…you name it, I do it.
5. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? None of the above. I toss it over my balcony to the bunnies running around my neighborhood. I love animals…they are one of my biggest passions and mission.
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be? Hemp, coconut water and Vitamineral Green powder all the way! If given the opportunity to bring a fourth, it might be raw chocolate powder.
7. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Grocery shopping with mom. Oh…those were the days. We’d spend 2-hours every Saturday at the grocery store. It was so fun.
8. Favorite raw ice cream? I haven’t been eating much ice cream lately, but in a couple of months, it’ll be my Summer Strawberry Ice Cream. Someone I know, who has a monkey for a pet, said this is the monkey’s favorite ice cream! How’s that for a testimonial?
9. Most loved kitchen appliance? Blend-tec blender all the way. The best high-powered blender on the market. I make green juices to smoothies to ice cream to dressings to mousse and so much more with it.
10. Spice/herb you can’t be without? Only one? Damn! Well, if you’ve been to any of my classes, you know I’m in a constant love affair with basil and will put it into almost everything I can.
11. Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time? I grew up with chefs and come from a family in the restaurant business, so I literally grew up with cookbooks. My mom and I have over 500 cookbooks between the two of us. I have no idea which I’ve had the longest…probably something that came with my Easy Bake Oven – LOL.
12. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? I love strawberries with a touch of agave, dates to thicken, and accented with a smidge of cinnamon.
13. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an omni-friend? The Chinese Hemp Noodles from my hemp ebook always wins the crowd over (the flavor is AMAZING), as well as my stuffed mushrooms (same ebook). The mushrooms resemble cooked food so well. In fact, I’m often asked to bring both of these dishes as “my dish to pass” at parties with omni-guests.
14. Favorite meal to make? I love to chop and use my knife in the kitchen. Therefore, I’m always making a big, fresh salad topped with an amazing dressing.
15. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Products, frozen bananas, raw cheesecake.
16. Favorite grocery store? Whole Foods
17. Food blog you read the most. There are way too many to name. But, I will say that when Sarma posts on her blog, I step back, make a chocolate smoothie and then settle in for a great read.
18. What is one ingredient that you’ve become familiar with that you can’t imagine you ever lived without? Anything related to hemp (oil, seeds, powder and butter). The nutritional profile is fantastic and I love the flavor.
19. Do you have a food inspiration in your life? Definitely! All of my food memories revolve around my mom. She’s brilliant and taught me so much. During my pre-vegan days, I remember going to some fancy restaurants…sometimes there was a food item on the menu that I didn’t know (and someone, usually my date!, was asking me what it was). I’d change the subject and then secretly text message my mom or excuse myself from the table and call her from the bathroom to get the answer – haha.
I’m excited to announce that my latest ebook, Kristen Suzanne’s Ultimate Raw Vegan Hemp Recipes, is now available. In this totally unique, one-of-a-kind ebook, which includes 21 beautiful photographs, you’ll find some of the most amazing recipes I’ve ever developed, all based on hemp seeds, hemp oil, or hemp protein powder. For more details and to purchase this ebook, visit KristensRaw.com.
Sunday, January 13th, 2008
It’s been an exciting, busy and fun weekend. I had a great time on TV, Friday, showing my much-loved Raw cookie recipe Heavenly Cookies. This recipe will be featured in next week’s email newsletter so sign up for it if you haven’t at KristensRaw.com.
Today I taught my Raw food prep class, Discover Raw, and it was a blast! I was scheduled to teach at Whole Foods where they have a nice kitchen-classroom. Quite last minute, however, I found out they had to use the room for training, so it was off limits to me. Yikes! They presented me with the option to use the café, but I was a little apprehensive initially. I wanted to make sure the atmosphere was still intimate, and somewhat private, now that it would be held in an open café that could be noisy and seemingly not conducive for teaching.
Well…it turned out great (Yay!); despite the after effects of my voice being hoarse from speaking loudly to ensure everyone could hear me – haha. We all had a terrific time and the café seems like a perfectly viable option if the classroom isn’t available in the future. What’s even better is there were many shoppers passing by, eager to find out what was going on…after all, the class was sold out (24 people), so the gathering of people in the café watching me prepare Raw food and having fun was intriguing to them.
Even though it’s nighttime now, I’m still on a “high” from such a great class. I loved seeing the familiar and new faces. It’s electrifying to me to help spread the word about living the Raw lifestyle and seeing people’s lives change as a result. It’s very rewarding. That being said, a lot goes into preparing for a class (many hard hours of work), especially during the 48-hours prior to class time, and lasting until about 4-hours after class when we’re cleaning up, answering final questions, and heading home to unpack everything. By the time I’m done I feel quite spent, in an exhilarated fashion, from running on all cylinders to put on a great show. As a result, this is a day when I want big-time, high-energy to get me through, so I rely on fresh organic green juices and smoothies. Today was no different. I started with a large fresh green juice at Whole Foods’ juice bar, and had another one after my class (drinking plenty of water between). When I finally arrived home, the only thing that sounded good was a giant green smoothie…something about working hard all day and needing nutritious greens to nourish my bod. I won’t be surprised though if I’m raiding the refrigerator in the middle of the night for more of those delicious Heavenly Cookies.
Sunday’s agenda? I’m taking a break to relax because Monday, I’m back at it preparing for my next class (Jan. 26), Entertaining and Party Favorites. Whoo-wee! This class will be fantastic and I can’t wait to teach it.