I’m suddenly feeling like I’m in a chapter of my life that I’m not ready for and I’m unsettled. It feels weird to write about this but perhaps by writing about it I can gain some insight and peace.
Here’s the thing: I’m getting older which means my parents are getting older, which means I’ll be in a time of my life where my parents won’t be here.
I don’t think I would’ve have paid so much attention to this except that in the past few months, my good friend’s dad’s health started deteriorating to the point where he might pass sooner than later. Then, my step-dad became ill, and long story short, I don’t know if he’ll ever be back the way he was before falling ill, and I don’t know how long I have with him. Even if it’s 5 years or 10 years, he’s changed. Then, my old best childhood friend’s dad suddenly died last month. Just gone. My new good friend’s dad is having difficulties with his heart.
It seems like it’s all around me, and this is the course of life. I get it, but I don’t like it. I know, duh, cuz who would like that? But, seriously, no one told me about this. No one prepared me for it. It’s like I am supposed to expect it because parents get older as you get older, and one day they pass. But, I feel unprepared.
- Stop Neglecting Ourselves Now To Help Our Children (As Adults) in the Future.
- Want Your Kids To Eat Their Veggies? Try A Spiralizer (Turning Slicer)
- How to Make: Kiddo Card Holder for Playing Cards with Kids
- Getting My Daughter On Board with Minimalism via a Donation Box
- The Secret to Not Eating Too Many Cookies.