We made it to France. 🇫🇷 😀
I’ve always wanted to visit France since taking French in high school and college.
We took the Eurostar train from London to Paris which was a good experience. The St. Pancras train station is nice with plenty of shops and restaurants.
I bought a cup of organic coffee, figuring I could bring it on the train.
However, we needed to go through a security check before boarding the train.
Turns out, very cool… They actually had a cup holder in a security bin for my drink. It went through the security system along with my bags and electronics. :)
Once we landed in Paris though, it was a bit confusing. We needed to get on a train to get to a little town outside of Paris and it required buying tickets from a kiosk in Paris.
I was under a bit of stress after having landed in a crowded train station where everyone is speaking French and I speak a little but definitely not enough. I have a young daughter in tow, always a bit stressful on travel days, we’re lugging heavy backpacks and a suitcase, and there’s many blog posts warning about pickpockets in Paris. Plus, we’re on a timeline with people expecting to pick us up at our final destination. People who don’t speak much English.
- Immersing in the French Culture: We Took the Bus. (Digital Nomads Travel)
- Housesitting Outside of Paris in Ermont, France with Cats
- Train Travel vs. Plane Travel in Europe – I Like Trains!
- Digital Nomads Housesitting in Cardiff, Wales
- High Raw, All Vegan Food Intake – Pregnancy Food Journal – Wednesday