The weather is ripe for enjoying warm raw soups. My inspiration today was from fall ingredients and the Halloween holiday. I whipped up this delightful and flavorful, raw vegan soup, garnished with black sesame seeds (a wonderful “jing” food – more on jing foods for future posts), and it screamed Halloween! It’s mega easy and only has 8 simple ingredients. Check it out…
A quick and DELICIOUS refreshing green smoothie that is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day… or for any morning with its minty freshness. Check it out (recipe details below)! :)
Morning Mint Green Smoothie (Yield 3 cups)
1.5 cups water
1 cup ice
10 organic mint leaves
1 hefty handful organic spinach
2 fairly hefty dollops organic raw cashew butter
1 T or more raw coconut nectar (or raw agave or 2 pitted dates)
Blend and enjoy!
Food Journal 3/14/12
- Pint green juice from our precious Norwalk Juicer. YES! I’m working on my Norwalk videos next week :) YAY!
- Tea – Nettles n Raspberry Leaf
- Sprout Smoothie
- Large salad with veggies, raw dressing and some tofu (all organic, of course)
- Chipotle football size vegan burrito with some raw fixings in it (pico, guacamole, romaine)
- 2 cups Spring Power Applesauce
- 3 cups fresh grapefruit juice …. Quart Green juice
- Lightly cooked asparagus with raw dipping sauce …. Sprouted English muffin with but butter on both sides plus one side with jalapeño. The other side strawberry lavender preserves.
I have a real love for cucumbers… They’re such a great summer time snack. I put them in salads, smoothies, juices, and they’re especially fun as boats for carrying yummy fixin’s like mashed up avocado. Previously, I shared my Avocado Cucumber Smish Smash recipe here… still one of my favorites. Here’s another great one I’ve been making the past couple of weeks. It’s simple, takes about 5 minutes, and uses minimal ingredients.
Cucumber Avocado Boats
- 1 cucumber, cut into quarters
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 to 2 pinches Himalayan crystal salt
- Dash onion powder
- Fresh basil to garnish, optional
After you have your cucumber in quarters, like boats, scrape the seeds into a medium size bowl. Add the avocado, lime, salt, and onion powder. Mash up the contents. Fill the boats with the avocado mixture. Top with fresh basil, if desired. That’s it! Enjoy!
I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve had it about 7 times since, maybe more. I snuck it into the movie 2012 the other night – what an awesome treat for a movie. I gave my husband a sip and he kept drinking it and drinking it (chugging may be more like it)… until he got a brain freeze… that’s when he finally gave it back to me.