Selling it all, to travel abroad, takes a fair amount of research and planning. One thing I kept pushing to the bottom of my to-do list was figuring out the cell phone situation.
We had many conversations around options because there were lots of considerations. First and foremost was being frugal about it. After all, we left AT&T last year for TING which we love 💗 -> The slash in our cell phone bill was dramatic. Yes, we didn’t use them as much when out and about, and that was a benefit. Being more mindful in the car, with family, etc because one isn’t always looking at a smart phone is a boon to one’s health and living experience. It made me a better mom. :)
In past years, digital nomads frequently recommended going with T-Mobile because they had a decent International Plan.
SIM Cards are all the rage now.
More recently, people are simply recommending that you land in the country of destination and buy a pre-paid SIM card for that country which should be cheaper than (and easy to do) sticking with your previous plan, like T-Mobile in the United States.
However, we still had a challenge.
- Ting Made Me A Better Mom
- More Things To Do Before Traveling Abroad (Digital Nomad, Expat)
- Where Was My Adventurous Spirit When Grocery Shopping in Denmark?
- Meditation and Taoism Helped Me Not Lose My Shit When My Global Entry Card Went Missing
- How to Make: Kiddo Card Holder for Playing Cards with Kids