Hope you enjoyed part one of my California Road Trip adventure. Here is part two!
Kamea is taking a nap and I’m feeling energized so I thought I’d share a quick blog post of my food for today. It was a Raw Vegan Day – high energy, nutrient dense, and EASY PEASY for this busy mama.
Before that though, I have FOUR things I want to cover:
1) How many of you have tried Living Fuel products? I’m intrigued. I realize some have vitamin D3, not vegan, but other than that… has anyone tried? Thoughts? I found these two reviews on them. Natural News and Evolving Wellness (she also did a 12-day challenge with it and blogged about it, be sure to check that out too. Lots of good details).
I’m a regular contributor to a couple of fabulous health and wellness hubs, Crazy Sexy Life and One Green Planet. Here are my latest contributions to them that I think you’ll find useful.
Crazy Sexy Life – Supplements: Part of the Cure for Modernity
One Green Planet – Flexibility and the Power of the Raw Food Spectrum
I was recently interviewed by the very cool Chic Vegan and I thought y’all would like to check it out. I’ve done a number of interviews over the years, but I enjoyed this one particularly so because of the questions. It was fun. :)
- Special Announcement! My New Book, Raw Awakening, Available for Pre-Order!
- Raw Awakening – My New Book – Now Available (on Kindle, too!)
- Raw Awakening (KINDLE) Book SALE – Limited Time Only!
- Raw Vegan Food Journal. Living Fuel. Motherhood. Running.
- Winner of My 11th Awesome Giveaway! Congratulations Shanghai Monkey!!!
We recently went on a great road trip to California. It was so much fun. You see, Kamea has never been a fan of the car so we waited until we thought she’d handle it better at almost two years old – she’s 21 months during this trip. How did she do? Well, let me just give a round of applause to LeapFrog DVDs in the car – lol (and would you believe that she knew some of her letters after just one viewing?! We were looking at books after she watched it the first time – which was a couple of months ago – and she pointed to and said the sounds for “O” and “R” and it wasn’t long before she knew them all!). Anyway… they kept her happy in the car for the drive. But, to make the trip enjoyable, we only drove in small chunks and stopped quite a bit. Our goal was Santa Barbara because it’d been on my Bucket List for a long time. However, just north of Santa Barbara we have friends with an organic olive farm so we visited them, too.
So, without further ado, here is part one of our trip in photos.
Made a quick smoothie with sunflower sprouts from the farmers market and other goodies. Enjoy the show :)
- Juicing Delivery Exploding in the Valley! (Plus Food Journals)
- Green Smoothie w/ Sunflower Lecithin (video)
- Saturday’s Delicious Day of Fresh Foods – High Raw Vegan
- The Farmers’ Market is Filled with Veggie Treasures (Alien Lettuce, Anyone?)
- Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (VIDEO, Raw Vegan Recipe) and Food Journal