Mmmm a day full of healthy, energizing, GREEN, nutrient dense, delicious, EASY, fun, texture filled, Raw, Vegan, Organic food!!!
I’ve been asked many times about what I did to detox and get my body, mind, and spirit healthy for pregnancy. I’m happy to share my plan. It’s lengthy though, so get yourself a nice green smoothie or green juice, sit back and relax as you read through it all. Please keep in mind this necessary disclaimer… I’m not a midwife or a physician, and anyone thinking about getting pregnant should consult one of the aforementioned professionals to discuss your options. We are all different and we all have different toxic loads, experiences, ages, fitness levels, environments, etc. I will mention that a midwife is more likely to understand detoxing and using foods, supplements, etc for helping with pregnancy preparation over a medical doctor. So, with that out of the way… here is what I did.
- vegan DHA
- Vitamin B-12
- pre-natal vitamins
- wheat grass tablets
- spirulina (didn’t take much of this, I’m taking it more now though)
- milk thistle (did this for a little over a month)
- Vitamineral Green powder
- Fruits of the Earth powder
- raspberry leaf tea
- Vitamin D
- And… I made sure to consume foods that gave me plenty of zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, b-vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, fiber, and protein.
- Home birth (there are many considerations for the birth itself – location, midwife, doula, birthing classes, water birth, etc)
- Breast feeding,
- Homeschooling, and our
- Raw vegan diet
In future posts, I will share what I’ve researched and experienced.
- Vitamin K shot at birth
- Which prenatal tests I want or don’t want
- Post-natal eye treatment for baby
- Which birthing classes to take
- Newborn screening (drawing blood to test metabolic processes)
- Finding a pediatrician that I’m happy with, who is knowledgeable and friendly toward my High Raw Vegan diet, my breast feeding plan, and supports my informed consent and personal decisions regarding whatever I want to do with vaccines)
A while back I posted about the two juicers that I have in this post. But, I have a new addition to my family that is worthy of discussion. In the following videos I discuss the pros and cons of each juicer (Green Star, Breville, and Hurom), from my perspective. And, I show you one of the juicers in action.
I’ve recently added another juicer to my family of juicers… check out the updated review here.
Today, we headed south along the coast until we reached South Carolina, where we spent most of our day. During the morning ride, we each had one of those protein shakes I mentioned yesterday. I also munched on an organic cucumber. Refreshing, simple, low calorie, and hydrating. Great travel snack.
Hi everyone! We’ve been on the road for two days now and I thought I’d share some photos and tidbits.