Hope you enjoyed part one of my California Road Trip adventure. Here is part two!
We recently went on a great road trip to California. It was so much fun. You see, Kamea has never been a fan of the car so we waited until we thought she’d handle it better at almost two years old – she’s 21 months during this trip.
How did she do?
Well, let me just give a round of applause to LeapFrog DVDs in the car – lol (and would you believe that she knew some of her letters after just one viewing?! We were looking at books after she watched it the first time – which was a couple of months ago – and she pointed to and said the sounds for “O” and “R” and it wasn’t long before she knew them all!).
Anyway… they kept her happy in the car for the drive. But, to make the trip enjoyable, we only drove in small chunks and stopped quite a bit. Our goal was Santa Barbara because it’d been on my Bucket List for a long time. However, just north of Santa Barbara we have friends with an organic olive farm so we visited them, too.
So, without further ado, here is part one of our trip in photos.
After the Thanksgiving holiday we took a little trip up north to Flagstaff, AZ where we stayed in a great condo with Greg’s mom. Here’s out trip…
The following was left in the comments section of my blog a while back:
Yay! My first video on my blog. Big fun! I did this quickly while testing out my camera and learning to edit (uummm…. I have a long way to go – LOL – but at least I can get something up in a jiffy).
- Train Travel vs. Plane Travel in Europe – I Like Trains!
- Things I Bring on an Airplane to Stay Healthy – Salt Pipe and Bulletproof Coffee
- Fertility Update: A Fresh Transfer(?), NY Apartment, And Monkeys On The Ride Home
- Not Getting Tired of NY – Lots To Do!
- New York Trip – Bareburger – “Real Food” Friendly
1) Green Smoothies – an easy solution. A great tip is to make a large batch of Green Smoothie in the morning and divide it between a couple mason jars. Then, depending on the season, pack a cooler (or not, if it’s cold outside) for your car, put in your Green Smoothies and go! This way, you’re always prepared and have delicious, nutritious, and energizing food where ever you are. I even take a green smoothie in my (large) purse to the movie theater! With apples in season, now is the perfect time for a Fluffy Green Smoothie.
When people ask you what’s that “green stuff” you’re drinking, take advantage of the opportunity to tell them about Raw food and Energizing Green Smoothies!
2) Packaged Raw food – talk about quick! When I’m on the run and don’t have time to make my own cookies or bars, there are some great alternatives. (These also make super snack foods when going to the movies if you’re not in the mood for a green smoothie.) Two great companies: The Pure Bar (I’m fond of the Chocolate Brownie flavor) and Laughing Giraffe (the “snackaroons” are total heaven). Both companies are available at Whole Foods or online AND make terrific snacks for those hungry kids when you’re out running errands.
If you don’t have these on hand when you’re running out the door, no worries. One of my favorite and super easy snacks to take on the go: Organic dates and hemp seeds (or any nuts/seeds)! Just toss some in a ziploc and go.
3) Fresh fruit & veggies – eco-friendly nutrition! My favorite grab-n-go foods: bananas, apples, pears, cucumbers, and red (orange and yellow) bell peppers. You can literally take them as is, no need for any extra packaging.
Daily conversation question:
What would you love to find at a yard sale?