Here’s another recipe that we can all enjoy whether we’re raw, vegan, or paleo, and it’s perfect during the summer because of strawberries being in season.
This recipe’s gorgeous pink color, creamy texture, and bright flavor take fruit to the next level. Serve this salad for breakfast, as a side to lunch, or as your next dessert. And, although I often make it with apples and bananas, you’ll love the cream with any fresh fruit, especially if it’s in season.
Strawberry-Lemon Zest Cream Over Apples and Bananas
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 to 6 large organic strawberries
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, maple syrup, xylitol, or coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic apples, cored and chopped
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
For the cream:
- Put the cashews in a medium bowl and add water to cover by about 1 inch. Let the raw cashews soak at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and put the cashews in a blender. Add the strawberries, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and sea salt.
- Blend until creamy. (If there’s leftover cream, you can store it in your refrigerator for up to five days.)
For the salad:
- Put the apples and bananas in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of the cream (or more). Stir well and serve.