I was at the market and saw organic purple cauliflower. Cauliflower isn’t my favorite by any stretch, but it was purple so I had to buy it.
I bought a lot of things that day and I made my way through the rest before approaching the cauliflower. I hadn’t decided what to do with it. Roast it with ghee? Make a purple soup from it? Oh! I know… I’ll make a cauliflower mash.
But, not just any cauliflower mash.
Infused with rosemary.
Here it is.
1. Get some purple cauliflower. (Of course you can use any color of cauliflower.)
2. Get your steaming apparatus. I use a pot with this great steamer insert I bought on amazon here. I add some filtered water and a large sprig of organic rosemary.
3. Put salted (or unsalted) grass-fed butter in the blender to soften a bit while the cauliflower steams. I put maybe 4 to 6 tablespoons? Put more if you want. :)
4. Steam the cauliflower to your desired level of doneness.
5. Add the cauliflower to your blender (I use a Vitamix – love it). Blend it up, using the plunger to help. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- EYE of the Round (again)…A Cheap (and delicious) Way to Eat Grass-fed Beef
- Low-Carb Homemade Quick Meal: Cauliflower Egg Scramble
- Recipe Carrot Cauliflower Puree Gluten Free
- Bison Burgers, Buttered Cauliflower Puree, Basil Tomatoes Provencal (Gluten Free)
- Recipe Buttered Cauliflower Puree (Gluten Free)