I have been drawn to vitamin c a lot over the past couple of years for fighting pretty much any and all viruses. The sh*t is good and effective. Load up on it for great health.
So it’s no surprise that I concocted a weird mix of ingredients to make a powerfully protective drink to guzzle through the flu season. I find myself drinking this at least once a day, and if I don’t get all fancy with the recipe below, at a minimum I use spring water, lemon juice, cayenne, and vitamin c powders.
And, I’m ridiculously infatuated with everything Dr. Schulze – his products are truly thoughtful and of the highest quality. I love his videos and blog and his seriously high standards for products. I imagine harps are being played while he creates them, they’re that special. (I’ll do another post later on all of the stuff I use of his.)
BEAUTY BONUS: my skin looks extra amazing lately –
either from all of this vitamin c or from the Living Libations products I drench my skin in – most likely BOTH!
This recipe varies a tiny bit so you’ll see “optional” listed next to some ingredients.
Here we go!
(Now, I’m not claiming this is the tastiest but I actually enjoy it. That said, throw in some stevia drops or raw honey to sweeten it up a bit. Yum.)
Recipe: Crazy Weird Spicy Vitamin C Protection Drink
Yield one serving
- 1 to 2 cups spring water (I love Castle Rock!!!)
- 1 teaspoon Dr. Schulze Super C+ powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Catie’s Whole Food C powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional, helps soften the cayenne spice n it’s good for you)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dr. Schulze cayenne powder blend (best cayenne in the world)
- few hefty slices of fresh aloe, skin removed (no yellow part either!)
- splash apple cider vinegar or my favorite –> LW Superfood Vinegar
- 1 “whole” lemon (or orange but I prefer lemon, meyer is my fave), quartered
- handful of fresh (or frozen) organic cranberries (optional)
Blend everything and drink. Feel the vitamin C going to work protecting you and fighting for you.