I recently wrote about a great way to add baked yams (or sweet potatoes) to your life in an easy and effortless way. Although I tend to eat them straight from the fridge either plain or with a raw nut butter topping, there are times I use these delightful root veggies as an ingredient in a Raw Vegan Transition Recipe. (This is a great recipe for the upcoming holidays, too. I would add some extra seasoning like nutmeg or pumpkin spice.)
Here we go… this is really satisfying and tasty with plenty of delicious flavors and textures to please your tastebuds.
Sweet Potato Kale Salad – Raw Vegan Transition Recipe (truth be told, I usually use yams)
- Kale (10 oz bag is easiest) — or take a bunch, destemmed and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons (0r a few squeezes) fresh lemon or lime juice
- Fresh ground pepper
Massage, then add…
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried fruit, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow or red onion, minced (soooo good for your health!!)
- 2 sweet potatoes (or yams), baked, peeled and chopped (use them while they’re warm for the optimal yummy experience)
Smish and toss everything together. Serve.
For more great raw vegan transition recipes, check out my book(s).
******* By the way… Have questions or comments? Use twitter or my Facebook fan page to chat. Links are on the right-hand side of my blog. —>