I’m back at it again. Sharing another fantastic meal to make in the Instant Pot.
I LOVE MY INSTANT POT! (that’s me screaming)
Regular readers of my blog know this, because I frequently gush about this magical kitchen robot.
Ok, it’s not magical, but it makes me feel like I’m living a magical life from all the free time I have since I’m not spending it cooking all the time. (Mostly) hands-free cooking. Yes Yes Yes.
My family eats damn near ALL of our meals at home. That’s a lot of time in the kitchen … unless you have a brilliant Instant Pot. I have since talked a few people into buying Instant Pots, and they, too, don’t know how they lived without one.
Easy to use. Quick cooking. Nutritious. Easy to clean.
Get one here! (<– that’s an affiliate link in case you didn’t know so it doesn’t cost you extra to buy through it but it gives my blog a little cha-ching – thank you!)
Here’s how I make a ridiculously delicious meal in 15 minutes with my Instant Pot.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter (grass-fed, unsalted)
- 1 jar (25 oz or so) organic pasta sauce
- 1 to 3 pinches sea salt
- Dr. Cowan’s veggie powders, totally optional (affiliate link, same drill as above)
- 1 box noodles (I like Jovial gluten-free)*
- 1 to 2 cups filtered or spring water (or bone broth!)
- Mozzarella cheese (grass-fed, organic)
- Get out your awesome Instant Pot.
- Put the butter inside it. Add the sauce and the sea salt. Add Dr. Cowan’s veggie powders at this time if you’re using (I love these powders… see WHY here and get a coupon code for your first order.)
- Add the noodles. Add the water (the goal with the water is that you add at least a cup plus any extra needed to just about barely cover the noodles. It’s ok if they’re not submerged – I don’t submerge them all the way with a few peeking out).
- Put the lid on your trusty awesome Instant Pot. Set it to LOW pressure for 5-minutes (if your box listed cook time of 9 to 10 minutes – see note below).
- Go do something enjoyable because in about 15 minutes it’s all done (10 minutes to reach pressure, 5 minutes to cook).
- When the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Add plenty of cubed mozzarella for kick ass flavor.
* Tip for cooking noodles in the instant pot with respect to time and temperature: cook them for HALF the time listed on the box and cook them on LOW pressure. Therefore, if my box reads 10-minutes, I’ll cook on them on LOW for 5-minutes. If my box reads 9-minutes, then I’ll round up and cook them for 5-minutes on LOW pressure.
Extra tip: Oh, sometimes I add a pound of crumbled (grass-fed!) ground beef on top of the noodles. I don’t change anything else as this is enough time for me to cook the ground beef right along with everything else. I season the beef with sea salt, too.