As a world traveling family (specifically, a digital nomad family), we don’t have a lot of “stuff” and we’ve been moving around at a fairly speedy clip. I aim for our future (2019) to slow-travel more. I’d like to land in a country and stay for 2 to 3 months before moving. But that doesn’t change the fact that we don’t carry a lot of things.
As you can imagine, this applies to our daughter as well.
We can’t bring bins of Lego blocks or multiple dolls and stuffed animals. She doesn’t have a lot of toys. Close to none pretty much. However, she keeps herself busy.
What in the hell does my young kid do without toys?
She survives. Heck, I like to think she thrives. We do the best we can so that she doesn’t feel like she’s missing out on things.
Here’s what my digital nomad kid does for entertainment as she travels the world. The list applies to things she’s doing where we “live.” (That’s housesitting or renting an apartment via Air BnB.) It does not include the times she meets kids in the local neighborhood or parks or camps she takes. Those things happen regularly, too, but not always on a day-to-day basis. Below is what is daily.
- My Daughter Is Officially a Digital Nomad Kid
- My Housesitting Book Is Free! Limited Time!
- Ukulele Music Lessons for Our Daughter While World Traveling (Digital Nomad Family)
- We are Housesitting Our Way Around the World – You Can Do This, Too!
- Housesitting Outside of Paris in Ermont, France with Cats