Write these down on post-it notes and place them around the house, in your car, and in your purse or wallet so they can serve as reminders.
1. Alkalize-2-Energize: Even though I’ve followed this principle for a long time, I think I first heard that particular phrase for it from Tony Robbins (he’s one of my favorites!). With Raw Vegan food, alkalizing can be easy peasy, but to kick it up a notch, I add plenty of fresh Plant Blood (green juice) and smoothies to my life. It can make ALL the difference in the world. Trust me!
2. Fresh Air and Sunshine: These are wonderfully therapeutic for both the mind and body. I get my vitamin D from the sun, and I make it a point to get fresh air every day (usually accomplished by taking my darling pooch for a quick walk). One of my favorite times for fresh air is late in the evening, where I concentrate on breathing in fresh air from a star-filled sky.
3. Rest Is Best: I can’t tell you enough how important it is to get your rest. It can be in the form of getting a good night’s sleep or making sure you take a little nap in the middle of the day. Complement this with loving things you can do for yourself such as taking a warm bath and lighting a candle, listening to relaxation music, or quieting your mind through meditation. And, if you’re exercising (especially lifting weights or other vigorous training) then your body really needs the rest to recuperate and rebuild.
4. Exercise: Yes, this is essential and, no, it doesn’t have to be a four letter word :) In order to consider myself truly healthy, I need to be physically fit. If exercise isn’t already a part of your routine, then NOW is the time to start. It’s easier than ever to sneak in a few minutes of exercise here and there into your day. Do them mini-batch style: 5-minutes of exercise, 5-times a day or 10-minutes 3-times a day. Set your cell phone to remind you throughout the day to get off your tush for a fast 5 or 10-minutes). You’ll be amazed at the magical momentum that takes over your mind, body and spirit… pushing you to do more and more. Whether it’s walking, jogging, lifting weights, swimming, jumping rope, rebounding, or dancing, I’m sure you’ll find something you love.Just get started, and before you know it, you’ll be doing more and more (and loving it!). Ehem…. disclaimer… Check with your physician before embarking on an exercise routine.
5. Don’t Eat Before You Sleep: Stop eating at least three hours before you go to bed. It supports getting a restful sleep (#3 above) and can greatly aid in weight loss if you’re trying to lose some pounds. It’s easy. Just pick the time you’ll go to bed and set a reminder on your cell phone to stop eating at least three hours before that. If you do have to eat before going to bed, try to pick something that is light and easy to digest.