A couple of posts back, I shared a way to quickly make Homemade Vanilla Coconut Milk.
Today, I share a delightful twist: Rooibos Coconut Milk.
This unique treat is a gorgeous color, reminding me of the fall season. Rooibos Coconut Milk is also creamy, fun, and delicious. Rooibos is a great tea for everyone in the family and has a nice reputation for health. Making coconut milk with it makes it even better.
Recipe: Rooibos Coconut Milk (paleo and vegan)
Yield 1 quart
- 8 tablespoons organic loose leaf rooibos tea
- 1 quart just-boiled water
- 2 cups unsweetened, (finely) shredded, organic dried coconut
- pinch sea salt
- 1/8th teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- grade B maple syrup or raw honey, optional, when serving
- Brew the rooibos tea in the just-boiled water. I use this Breville tea maker to heat the water.
- Let the brew steep for about 30 minutes for a nice strong batch.
- Place the coconut, sea salt, and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour the strained tea over the coconut and stir to mix. Let that sit for about an hour.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender (high-speed blender for best results), and blend on high for one minute.
- Strain the Rooibos Coconut Milk through a nut milk bag. (I haven’t used that particular nut milk bag but it gets good reviews.)
- Sweeten with maple syrup or raw honey, if desired.
Note: After sitting in the refrigerator, some of the fat will solidify and go to the top. Simply break it up and shake or eat that top part, if desired. Or, I like to warm it up on the stove briefly to mix it all up again.
Are you into oatmeal? Make your next batch with Rooibos Coconut Milk (sweetened for extra fun).
- Recipe: How to Make Homemade Vanilla Coconut Milk (paleo. vegan.)
- Recipe: Apple Pear Yum Porridge (Raw Vegan Paleo Gluten Free)
- Recipes: Turmeric Almond Milk and Pumpkin Spice Curcumin Chia Pudding (Raw Vegan)
- Recipe Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free Paleo)
- Chocolate Crunch Strawberries – Easy Vegan Recipe