I started enjoying coffee when I was 7 years old. I remember the first time fondly as it represented my entrance into maturity. ;) I was at my Nana’s and, well, I simply asked her if I could have some coffee. Being 100% Italian, she said, “Of course!” (She also taught me how to shave my hairy Italian legs around the same age. Gotta love Nana(s).)
I was hooked from there. The warm deliciousness that marked my initiation into something cool. The next chapter of my life. A Coffee Drinker.
Here I am today, still loving and enjoying coffee. I like it in all forms pretty much. And, I’m sharing it with my daughter. As she is almost 5 years old, I limit her to only a couple of sips. She loves it.
Clearly, I love Bulletproof Coffee, too. It’s creamy and takes coffee to another level. Sometimes I use the fancy Brain Octane (and, yes, it makes a difference) and sometimes I use plain coconut oil. I adore making it different ways. And, of course, I drink my coffee nice, hot, and black sometimes.
Today’s coffee recipe is an amped up version of a basic Bulletproof Coffee (my husband prefers his as a Coffee Shake). This serves as my breakfast and fuels me for at least a few hours.
- 16 ounces pesticide-free brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder (sometimes I do 1/4t)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanillamax vanilla powder (sometimes I do 1/4t)
- few shakes organic cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon shilajit powder (potent mineral supplement)
- 1 raw pasture-raised egg yolk
- 1 heaping tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed collagen powder
Blend it up and enjoy.