I made an exceptionally wonderful mug of coffee, using Dave Asprey’s base recipe of Bulletproof Coffee® to start.
But I added some magic to it.
You might remember I wrote about making my Golden Coffee where I added turmeric powder. I’m a fan of turmeric for its health promoting properties and I’m always looking to upgrade my nutrition, especially when it’s easy to do.
I wrote a whole book with recipes for adding turmeric to your life!
Here’s that delicious coffee recipe I promised.
Where did I get that groovy turmeric essential oil?
Well, as you know, I have a Living Libations Addiction.
When I was shopping on their site a couple of weeks ago, I saw the turmeric essential oil.
I was immediately drawn to it.
It takes regular ol’ turmeric to the next level.
Here’s what Living Libations says…
Our Turmeric Essential Oil is an anti-microbial oil rich in antioxidants and potent anti-inflammatory properties. All of the lipophilic (oil-loving) compounds in this supercritical extract are distilled from the turmeric root. At Living Libations, we use a topical application of the extracted root instead of the typical powder capsules, which cannot capture all of the soluble medicinal properties of the oil.
I knew it would blend beautifully in my Bulletproof Coffee, and it did.
Getting creative with Bulletproof Coffee is fun.
I like mixing different things in it all the time (see my post on our Coffee Shake for more details). I’ve added a drop of Living Libations cardamom essential oil and WOW that was delicious. Very warming and romantic. Cardamom can do that.
But about that coffee with turmeric…
Here’s exactly how I made my coffee with the turmeric essential oil.
- 2 cups quality brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane
- 1/4 teaspoon VanillaMax vanilla powder
- pinch of this cayenne powder
- 1 raw pasture-raised egg yolk
- 3 turns of my pepper mill for black pepper (helps turmeric absorb better)
- 3 tablespoons collagen protein powder
I blended it using my Vita-mix blender to get it SUPER creamy.
I’m ready to take on the day. Now, where’s my cape?
I wrote this post 5 years ago. Here’s what I’m up to in 2020… I’ve decided to become a millionaire.
- Lightbulb Moment: Making Bulletproof Coffee™ With My Bulletproof Cubes
- Golden Coffee – (hint: add turmeric)
- Making Red Rice With Bone Broth, Turmeric, And Tons Of Grass-fed Butter
- (Recipe) Ginger Essential Oil Green Smoothie w Flax Power
- Things I Bring on an Airplane to Stay Healthy – Salt Pipe and Bulletproof Coffee