Most of my creations come from trying to use whatever I have on hand … inspired by whatever I recently heard re health foods or food TV shows.
In an effort to use the avocados and limes plus getting polyphenols from matcha green tea… I made Matcha Lime Mousse.
I love matcha green tea powder so much I wrote a whole book with recipes using matcha – tons of polyphenols, health benefits, and the most amazing feeling in my mind when I consume it. (This is my favorite matcha and they have a bunch of other amazing teas.)
In hindsight, I’d use more ginger to get more ginger kick and ginger goodness.
Recipe: Matcha Lime Mousse
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice) plus some zest
- 1 to 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup (more to taste)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (or more)
- 1/4 cup cold (or room temp) brewed green tea (or water)
Recipe yields about four servings.
Here is my latest and greatest favorite matcha! It’s by Pique Tea.