Turmeric and coffee. Yes.
Let’s talk coffee.
You see, I’ve been drinking a coffee shake drink for the past couple of years.
I make it most mornings.
But, lately, I’m adding a new twist to it.
I was hesitant at first.
I didn’t think it’d taste very good, but I tried it, and ya know what? It’s friggin’ great! I don’t even know it’s in there (and neither does Greg – hehe).
Now, I’m hooked, because it’s an easy way to get the anti-inflammatory and brain-boosting turmeric into my diet – daily!
And, if I have a decaf bulletproof coffee at night, which I’m known to do because it’s satisfying like a dessert even though there is no sugar in it, then I’ll get a double serving of turmeric. <– Bring it!
From Dr. Weil’s website:
One of the most comprehensive summaries of turmeric studies to date was published by the respected ethnobotanist James A. Duke, Phd., in the October, 2007 issue of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, and summarized in the July, 2008, issue of the American Botanical Council publication HerbClip.
Reviewing some 700 studies, Duke concluded that turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects.
I named it Golden Coffee because it reminds me of Golden Milk, an ancient healing recipe where you heat some form of milk (dairy or non-dairy), plus ghee, turmeric (or turmeric paste), and honey.
After making my first cup of Golden Coffee, it reminded me of Golden Milk both in color and ingredients.
Recipe: Golden Coffee
- 2 cups (hot) coffee
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil (or a mix of both)
- 2 tablespoons upgraded collagen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- cayenne tincture if I’m feeling sassy
Blend it all up and enjoy.
More on turmeric…
For amazing recipes to add the all-amazing turmeric spice to your life…
- Today’s Bulletproof Coffee Recipe: Turmeric Essential Oil and Protein
- Recipes: Turmeric Almond Milk and Pumpkin Spice Curcumin Chia Pudding (Raw Vegan)
- Making Red Rice With Bone Broth, Turmeric, And Tons Of Grass-fed Butter
- Lightbulb Moment: Making Bulletproof Coffee™ With My Bulletproof Cubes
- Raw Vegan Recipe: Exotic Chocolate Milk