The weather is ripe for enjoying warm raw soups. My inspiration today was from fall ingredients and the Halloween holiday. I whipped up this delightful and flavorful, raw vegan soup, garnished with black sesame seeds (a wonderful “jing” food – more on jing foods for future posts), and it screamed Halloween! It’s mega easy and only has 8 simple ingredients. Check it out…
Carrot Apple Halloween Soup
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 med-large apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2-1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 1 cup filtered or spring water
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- squeeze fresh lemon or lime
- pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- pinch black sesame seeds, optional
- Add fun spices like cinnamon and/or curry.
- Change out the raw tahini for raw olive oil.
- Lightly cook the carrots before blending for a recipe that has some extra warmth.