Quality canned fish can be a real time saver; therefore, it’s good for your sanity. I was low on food in the house and we needed something for lunch so this is what I threw together… Tuna Carrot Salad Sandwich. The bread is paleo, gluten free, and homemade.
Tuna Carrot Salad Sandwich (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Two cans of Wild Planet tuna*
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- Drizzle of raw organic macadamia nut oil or olive oil (boosts the fat and adds creaminess)
- Few dollops organic mustard (to taste)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced shallot, green onion, or leek
- Fresh herbs, chopped (optional)
- Paleo Bread, sliced
Mix everything together in a bowl and scoop the salad onto sliced paleo bread. (This would be awesome with some sauerkraut, too, while using less mustard.)
* I prefer Wild Planet when it comes to tuna because it’s supposed to be lower in mercury compared to other tuna. The reason is that they have a weight/size limit on the size of tuna they catch, meaning less mercury is in the fish. Read more here.