I created a Cherry BBQ sauce that is sweetener-free and oh-so-super delicious.
I’ve used this recipe as a BBQ sauce over various styles of grass fed beef and bison (including tongue – strange, bizarre, and weird to be sure, but tasty). I’ve also added it to slow cooker stews for a mega flavorful stew experience.This fantastic Cherry BBQ Sauce recipe makes more than you’ll likely use with one dinner, like the grass beef tongue that will be featured with it soon. But, it’ll store well in the refrigerator for a few days to use on other foods like pastured eggs, wild caught fish, or other meat dishes. Or, you can freeze it.
Cherry BBQ Sauce (Paleo Gluten Free)
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 pound organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar organic tomato paste
- 1 cup homemade broth (learn to make it here)
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (favorite brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup frozen organic cherries, thawed
- zest of 1/2 an organic orange
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Transfer the sauce to a sauce (or soup) pan, and cook over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for up to an hour.
- Raw Vegan Paleo Recipe: 4-Ingredient Magic Dressing
- Recipe Ginger Shallot Dressing: Raw Vegan Paleo Gluten Free
- Recipe Bison (or Beef) Mexican Stew Slow Cooker Paleo Gluten Free
- Recipe: 1-Pot Beef Heart Goulash (Gluten-free). Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- I Love These Easy Pancakes. Gluten-free. Paleo.