Don’t you just love a nice bowl of soup? I know I do. Soups are one of my favorite foods, because they’re generally easy to make, and, most often, they are so very nutritious. Blending up all of those ingredients facilitates digestion, which can make for a happy tummy and happy you. Today, I have a wonderful soup recipe that serves up some potent beauty ingredients in a delicious and creamy way. Oh, and Greg loved it, too. He asked for seconds.
Enter: Beauty Soup.
Here is a soup that does everything to support you being your most beautiful and radiant.
- Cucumber is hydrating and has beauty supporting nutrients including silica.
- Avocado is healing and has beneficial fats for skin.
- Lime juice offers phytonutrients and vitamin C.
- Coconut water is hydrating.
- Onions have many nutrients including biotin and vitamin C.
- Grass-fed yogurt provides essential fats, fat soluble skin loving vitamins, iodine, and probiotics.
- Herbs serve you multiple nutrients of protection and should be added to all of your foods.
- Aloe is amazing for your skin when taken internally. It’s been shown to help fight (and reduce) wrinkles by increasing collagen production. Plus, aloe gel has over 200 healing phytonutrients.
Beauty Soup is perfect in the spring and summer months, but I’ve been known to enjoy it in the fall and winter too. It’s dense and creamy. It’s gorgeous and vibrant. It’s amazing. I recommend you make this asap.
Yield approximately 1 quart
- 1 large organic cucumber, chopped (my favorite knife)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted (I love these scoopers)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 large(!) fresh basil leaves
- squeeze fresh organic lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain, full fat(!) grass fed yogurt
- 1 cup raw coconut water
- sprig fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh aloe meat
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
Blend everything, until smooth, in a blender and enjoy. This is best served right away.